Helpful Links & Hotlines
Employee Assistance Program
CONTACT, a local, Syracuse-based, 24-hour counseling, referral, and 24 hour suicide crisis line.
1-800-342-AIDS or 1-800-822-7422
The first number is the Center for Disease Control's National AIDS Hotline, providing information about transmission of HIV, Safe Sex, and referrals for counseling and testing, the second is Project Inform's HIV/AIDS Treatment Hotline.
Suidice Prevention Guide
This hotline is sponsored by the group Self-Abuse Finally Ends. (S.A.F.E.) and it provides information about self-injurious behavior. Available 8 am - 4 pm M-F. This is not a crisis line. www.selfinjury.com
National Child Abuse Hotline
Panic Disorder Informational Line
NYS Domestic & Sexual Violence Hotline
Elder Abuse Information Hotline:
Empire Plan Nurseline
Call 1-877-7NYSHIP (1-877-769-7447)
Have a health question on your mind? Speak with experienced regisered nurses 24/7.
When a health concern arises, why wait, why worry, if you don't have to? Our nurses can give you the information and support you need. Call for answers to your health questions --- day or night --- at no cost to you. After all, peace of mind shouldn't have to wait.
Our caring, experienced nurses are available to help you:
- Determine if self-care is right for your needs. Also, nurses can give you tips on how to treat minor illness or injuries at home.
- Choose appropriate care --- whether it's a trip to the ER, urgent care center or doctor's office.
- Understand your treatment options and decide what questions to ask your doctor.
- Find doctors or hospitals that meet your needs and preferences.
- Identify possible medication side effects and interactions.
- Learn what health screenings you may need.
Get help from nurses who care --- call any time, 24/7.
For informational purposes only. Nurses can't diagnose problems or recommend specific treatment. They are not a substitute for your doctor's care.
New York State Links
- New York State Office on the Aging
- The National Institute of Mental Health (An on-line Resource for New York State Employees)
- New York State Work-life Services
National and Statewide Links
Associations, Support and Self-Help
- Alcohol Recovery
- NEDA/ National Eating Disorders Association
- Resource, information and support, located in Liverpool, NY
- Understanding New York Family Law
- National Association for Self-Esteem
- Parents, the Anti Drug (sponsored by the National Youth & Anti-Drug Media campaign)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers