- Misha Paltsyn (PhD, current), Thesis topic: Strategic planning, implementation and evaluation of conservation programs for snow leopard and Altai argali in the Altai-Sayan Ecoregion.
- Stewart LePan (MS, current), Thesis topic: Wetland wildlife conservation in relation to wetland restoration
- Sahila Kudalkar (MS, current), Thesis topic: Wildlife conservation in Nagaland, India
- Michael Fishman (MS, current), Thesis topic: Indiana bat conservation
- Angga Rachmansah (MS, current), Thesis topic: Evaluation of population harvest as a conservation strategy for freshwater turtles of tropical areas
- Ielizaveta Iegorova (MS, current), Thesis topic: Rangeland dynamics over 20 years at the Kazakhstan, Russia, China and Mongolia convergence
- Tess Youker (MS, current, co-advised with Sadie Ryan), Thesis topic: Ranavirus dynamics in a vernal pool complex
- Samantha Dean (MS, current), Thesis topic: Reptile and amphibian community assessment at Home of Franklin D. Roosevelt NHS
- Brent Johnson (MS, 2013), Thesis: Management and status of an endangered massasauga rattlesnake population in New York State.
- Olga Shevtsova, Darya Karpenko, Ielizaveta Iegorova, Nataliia Shynkarenko and Anna Ganzia (all M.P.S., 2013, joint course-based degree program with National University Kyiv - Mohyla Academy, Ukraine)
- Ana Patricia Calderon (MS, co-advised with J. Frair, 2013), Thesis: Assessment of movement corridors for jaguars in eastern Guatemala.
- Elizabeth Hunter (MS, 2012), Thesis: Ecosystem restoration through the introduction of ecological analog Giant Tortoises to Pinta Island, Galapagos.
- Angela Sirois (MS, 2011), Thesis: Effects of habitat alterations on bog turtles (Glyptemys muhlenbergii): A contrast of responses by two populations in Massachusetts
- Kevin Shoemaker (PhD, 2011), Thesis: Demography and population genetics of the bog turtle (Glyptemys muhlenbergii): Implications for regional conservation planning in New York State
- Meredith Atwood (MS, 2011), Thesis: Effects of basal resources on the food web of temporary freshwater pools: Implications for amphibians and restoration efforts
- Kristin Winchell (MS, Columbia University 2011, co-advisor Matt Palmer), Thesis: Aquatic turtle populations along an urban-rural gradient
- Jason Townsend (PhD, 2011), Thesis: Mercury accumulation in forest floor horizons, songbirds and salamanders along a forested elevational gradient in the Catskill Mountains, New York
- Andrew Myers (MPS, 2011), Thesis: Landscape and microhabitat drivers of Bog turtle (Glyptemys muhlenbergii) occurrence in southeastern New York State
- Samuel Quinn (MS, 2009), Thesis: Factors influencing distribution of the Eastern Hellbender in the northern segment of its range
- Angelena Ross (MS, 2007), Thesis: Spruce grouse distribution, movements and habitat selection: a mid-successional species in an aging forested landscape
- Kevin Shoemaker (MS, 2007), Thesis: Habitat manipulation as a viable strategy for the conservation of the Massasauga Rattlesnake in New York State
- Viorel Popescu (MS, 2007), Thesis: Complex interactions shaping Mink Frog (Rana septentrionalis) distribution in New York State: Pond factors, landscape connectivity and climate change
- Nancy Karraker (PhD, 2007), Thesis: Investigation of the amphibian decline phenomenon: novel small-scale factors and a large-scale overview
- Hara Woltz (MS, Columbia University 2006, co-advisor Matt Palmer), Thesis: Design of road crossing structures for amphibians and reptiles
- Joel Strong (MS, 2005), Thesis: Seed dispersal and the ecological implications of hunting Geochelone carbonaria and G. denticulata in northwestern Brazil
- Nuria Bernal (MPS, 2004).
- Heather Jensen (MS, 2004), Thesis: Herpetofaunal interactions with wetland vegetation as mediated by regulation St. Lawrence River water levels
- James Arrigoni Jr (MS, 2003), Thesis: An evaluation of amphibian monitoring approaches in the Maya forest
- Shawn Carter (PhD, 2003), Thesis: An assessment of the contributions of forest structure and spatial scale to faunal diversity patterns in the Adirondack Mountain region
- David Steen (MS, 2003), Thesis: The effects of roads on freshwater turtle populations
- Jordan Wolf (MS, 2003), Thesis: Interactions among forest fragmentation, carrion beetle communities, and patterns of carrion decomposition in Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Ilana Cantrell (MS, 2002), Thesis: Land-use change in New York State: 1982-1997
- Greg Shriver (PhD, 2002), Thesis: Conservation ecology of salt marsh birds in New England
- Kris Whiteleather (MS, 2001), Thesis: Distribution of streamside salamanders (Amphibia: Caudata:Plethodontidae) in acid mine drainage streams of West Virginia
- Eriko Motegi (MS, 2000), Thesis: Genetic diversity in Sugar Maple (Acer saccharum marsh.) populations in relation to stand disturbance history
Dr. Geri Tierney (NPS/NETN project, ongoing), Dr. Guillaume Bastille-Rousseau (NSF/tortoise project, ongoing), Dr. David Patrick (NYSDOT project), Dr. Elizabeth Harper (NSF LEAP project), Dr. Han Overman (NSF Project Fauna Guyana), Dr. Jeffrey Luzar (NSF Project Fauna Guyana), Dr. Courtney Conway (USFWS waterbirds project).