Tasks Required of Accepted Students
The checklist outlines the tasks you need to complete ahead of time, associated deadlines, and approximate dates you will receive communications from various offices. Generally, you will receive email notifications 1 - 2 weeks prior to deadlines.
Online Tasks via the MyESF Portal
The MyESF portal is where students manage most important business from application to graduation. Once you establish your account, MyESF will automatically present exactly the right menu of services to match your status, whether you are a prospective, accepted, new or current student.
Uning MyESF, accepted students must:
- Accept financial aid award (if applicablethose not contacted online receive a financial aid award letter by mail)
- Select housing and meal plan
- Enter emergency contact information
- Agree to student policiesagree to abide by policies presented in the ESF Student Handbook
- Upload photosupply a head-shot for your official personal file
- Complete disabilities identification form (if applicable)
- Complete FERPA waiver (if applicable)complete to allow release of billing information to someone you designate
- Pay tuition and feespay installments as they become due (first bill is posted approximately 6 weeks prior to the beginning of the semester)
Syracuse University (SU) tasks (ESF shares certain services with SU)
- Activate SU NetID (for ID card, email and more)
Details and procedures for all of the above will appear when appropriate when you log into MyESF.
Computer Purchase, Email & Internet
Learn about recommended computers, email and network accounts, internet access, and more:
Housing, Meal Plans, Utilities, & Banking
All students may be interested in the banking information. Off-campus residents will want to learn about housing resources, meal plan options and utilities (gas, electric, internet, telephone).
- Housing website (on- and off-campus, with information on meal plans, banking and utilities)
All new first-year students and transfer students are pre-registered by their faculty advisors just prior to orientation. Students will receive their schedules and registration materials when they arrive on campus for orientation before the beginning of the semester. Students are expected to meet with their advisors during orientation to complete their schedules and make any necessary adjustments. During orientation, you will be guided through the online process of registration and schedule adjustment.
Contact the Registrar with questions, 111 Bray Hall, 315-470-6657.
The ESF College Bookstore has partnered with the Syracuse University Bookstore for all of your textbook needs. Now you can order your textbooks online and have them delivered right to the ESF Bookstore for pick-up at no additional charge through Thursday, September 4th, 2014. Please allow 48 hours for your order to be processed and available at the ESF Bookstore.
If you need to purchase books after Thursday, September 4th, 2014, you can go directly to the SU Bookstore in Schine Student Center.
If you choose to order your books through the Virtual Bookstore, we will have computers and staff available to assist you with the process during Orientation. There will also be a presentation during Orientation that will go over the entire process.
When you purchase your textbooks through the Online Bookstore, a portion of all sales comes back to the Alumni Association which we then use for student programming. This includes the New Student Ice Cream Social, the Student Poster Session, Festival of Places, the Champagne Toast and a number of other departmental events throughout the year.
The following are necessary to complete the transition from applicant to accepted student:
- Commitment to Enroll formSubmit yours if you haven't already.
- Required official documentsMake sure that all required official documents have been sent directly to ESF by appropriate agencies or institutions (documents issued to students are not considered official):
- Final official high school transcript confirming high school graduation
- Final official college transcripts for any college level courses taken in high school
- Transfer Students only: Final official college transcripts from any colleges attended prior to ESF, including summer course work or any college level courses taken in high school
- Official Advanced Placement (AP), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), or International Baccalaureate (IB) test score (to request official test scores from the College Board, visit www.collegeboard.com or call them directly at (212) 713-8000.
Contact the Admissions Office with questions or concerns: