Landscape Architecture Portfolio Day
Monday, November 11, 2013
The Department of Landscape Architecture is pleased to invite you to attend our annual Portfolio Day on Monday, November 11 at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
We’ve put together a special program for students interested in a career in landscape architecture or other design professions. Portfolio Day is a great opportunity to:
- Visit the ESF campus
- Learn more about landscape architecture and ESF's Bachelor of Landscape Architecture program
- Meet our faculty and students in their design studios
- Attend a workshop on how to prepare a competitive visual arts portfolio for college entry interviews in landscape architecture, architecture and other design related programs
- Receive a one-on-one faculty critique of your current portfolio (optional)
Even if you’ve already visited ESF, or plan to in the future, if landscape architecture is the program you are most interested in, we are sure you will find Portfolio Day very worthwhile.
An education in landscape architecture can be rewarding for many reasons, promising real opportunities to combine artistic ability, scientific curiosity, and social consciousness in a program leading to a marketable professional career. Landscape architecture is unique in the way it engages and embraces the continuum between nature and built environments with human culture. Design of outdoor spaces, and the visual, tactile, and other sensory qualities of these spaces are at the core of landscape architectural theory and practice. Landscape architects design across a broad range of scales, from regional planning and land management; to the design of cities, towns, and neighborhoods; to the design of specific public and private facilities like greenways, parks, gardens and schools. The range of opportunities for meaningful expression is remarkable!
We look forward to seeing you on November 11.
Portfolio Day Schedule
- 8:30 Registration
Alumni Lounge, Marshall Hall
- Program - 409 Marshall Hall
- 9:00 Introductions and Overview of Landscape Architecture
- 9:15 Portfolio Workshop: “Effectively Presenting Visual Materials in Portfolios”
- 10:15 – 10:30 Design Studio Tours
- Individual Portfolio critiques (optional) will begin at 11:00 am
- 1:00 College Information Session and campus tour with ESF Admissions (optional), Information and Registration
If you have questions, please contact Mary O’Halloran at 315-470-6549 or email@example.com