Sustainability & Forest Biorefinery II
Bringing bio-based products to
October 20-22, 2008
The second conference, Sustainability and Forest Biorefinery II: Bringing bio-based products to market was held at the Renaissance in Syracusea timely event about sustainability.
Monday and Tuesday, October 20 & 21, with a unique TechnoBusiness Forum on Wednesday October 22 [See below for the Forum overview and posted Forum presentations].
Thanks to our 2008 Sponsors
Presentations from the 2008 Conference
- McNutt (2 presentations; zip file)
Highlights of the conference program included:
- the social and political context for sustainability,
- how to define sustainability and how to measure sustainability (how big is your carbon footprint?),
- how renewable fuels fit into the "sustainability picture", including carbon credits
- real, large scale implementation of sustainable projects in our community.
Community leaders, renewable, energy producers and consumers, ethanol users and producers, State and federal policy and decision-makers, forest owners, farmers, food processors, loggers and wood harvesters, wood or agricultural scientists, economists and investors and citizens committed to a sustainable future.
This second conference program focused on strategies to bring bio-based fuels and bio-products to market here in NYS.
"The program offered a nice mix of technology and commerical / business issues."
Last year's attendees commented on high quality of speakers, the variety of presentations with enough time to allow depth, a chance to network, order of how presenters progressed: why, who, how – bringing all sides together.
2008 TechnoBusiness Forum
Market Dominance Through Enterprise Transformation
October 22, 2008 ~ Syracuse, New York
FORUM SUMMARY DOCUMENT 
WELCOME & INTRODUCTIONS
Dr. Jacquelyn McNutt ~ Executive Director, CPBIS ~ Forum Hostess 
Leadership Challenges in Achieving Market Dominance ~ Dr. Michael Oliff, Executive Director Enterprise 2020 
WORK PLACE CULTURE ~ A CRITICAL ELEMENT OF ENTERPRISE TRANSFORMATION
A Critical Element of Enterprise Transformation ~ Dr. Michael Herbert, Principal and SVP, Sinclair Group 
Emerging Driving Force3s Shape and Change Rules of the Game
- Sustainability ~ George Weyerhaeuser, Senior Fellow, World Business Council for Sustainable Development 
- Energy ~ Dr. Marilyn Brown, School of Public Policy, Georgia Tech 
- Fiber ~ Dr. Jacquelyn McNutt and Mr. Rainer Häggblom
SENIOR EXECUTIVE LEADERS’ PANEL
Cross Section Discussion ~ Business Lessons & Wisdoms
- Hannu Merlati ~ President- North America ~ Kemira
- Paul Stuart ~ Chair Holder ~ Ecole Polytechnique 
- Mike Jackson, President & CEO, Verso Paper 
For Access to 2008 TBF Presentation Materials ~ Click Highlighted Numbers Above