QuickTime required | Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
at some of our partner
companies and organizations:
SUNY-ESF Career Services
Visit GreenLinka new online employment and career resources site for ESF students & alumni!
From College to Career
No matter what your career plans are or where you are in your career development, the Career Services Office can assist you. We provide services to help you look for career opportunities, make employer connections, update your resume and gain helpful hints on how to nail that interview.
What can the Career Services Office do for you?
- Appointments and Office Services
- Career Advising: Do you understand what makes you tick? Do you think you know what characteristics are necessary for the job you want? Do you know what "type" of person you are? The career planning process doesn’t begin your senior year; it starts as soon as you walk onto campus! So let's get you started early! Click here to check out some career interest inventories and a to-do list with timelines.
- Career/Major Choices: While there are many websites that can help you to learn more about majors and their relation to careers, the following are a few we have selected.
- Cover Letters, Resumes and More!: Resumes are the traditional way to introduce yourself and your skills to a potential employer. Writing a solid resume is like a job, it takes time to master the skills necessary to grab the employer's attention. Click here and we’ll help get you started!
- Interviewing: Interviews can be stressful, time consuming and confusing. They can also be impressive and distinguish you from other candidates. Here are some helpful hints to making sure you impress the employers.
- Job Searching: Now that you have your resume, cover letter, references, and your confidence is up, where do you go from here? You need to do some homework on employers, salaries and locations.
- Internships: Did you know that nationwide, nearly 60% of employers end up offering full-time positions to students that intern with them? And more than 85% of employers who hire a former intern find that these employees have a higher retention rate than other employees. Nearly 90% of new graduates with jobs have internship or internship-related experience on their resumes. Find out more at the Internships website.
- Graduate School Preparation materials: The Career Services office holds a collection of resource materials to help students prepare for admission into graduate school. Students can learn about the application process, gain admission test information (GRE, MCAT, or LSAT), and utilize resources available on the web.
- Career Fair: Held every year at the end of February, the Environmental Career Fair
seeks to bring together representatives from a broad range of organizations that offer careers associated with the environment. Invited employers will include corporate, government and non-profit agencies. This career/internship fair will provide opportunities for students from ESF to explore the great variety of career opportunities available to them and give employers a chance to recruit highly qualified candidates.
- Green Careers: The label “green careers” is used regularly today, but is not well defined. The common understanding is that green careers relate to occupations and work which help build a more sustainable economy. This page brings together resources to help you land the GREEN job you are looking for.