Environmental Career Fair
What: A special opportunity, on campus, to gather employer and graduate school information, develop networks and meet organizations from a variety of sectors, including corporate, environmental, and not-for-profit.
When: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 from 10:30-3:00pm
Where: Gateway Center
Don't miss this chance to visit with organizations in your field of study. Check out permanent jobs, summer jobs and internship possibilities. This is your chance to get the inside story, from the source, about opportunities within your field of study, including jobs, internships and graduate programs.
The Career Services Office brings organizations to campus that offer opportunities in environmental oriented jobs. Be sure to take time out of your day to meet representatives, ask questions, and present your resume.
How To Work A Job Fair
- How To Prepare: Research organizations of interest - be prepared to ask questions - PRACTICE!
- During The Fair: Shake hands - be enthusiastic - make eye contact - be confident - present a resume - collect business cards - explore ALL options.
- After The Fair: Mail a thank you letter - send an additional resume - call to check on status of your application.
Questions To Ask The Representatives
- What are typical entry-level positions related to my major in _______?
- As an entry-level employee, what can I expect to be doing in 2, 5, 10 years?
- Are graduate degrees important? If so, in what areas?
- What personality traits are important for success?
- What does the hiring process entail?
- How many employees, if any, graduated from ESF are with your company?
- What are some of the company's priorities and goals?
- How long have you been with the company?
- What is the retention rate in the company?
Dress For Success
Dress in conservative business attire. You should consider this career fair as important as a first interview!
A complete list of attending organizations for 2015, academic programs of interest, and why they are attending the 14th Annual Environmental Career Fair will be available soon.
Please visit the following matrix for 2014 attendees:
Below, is a list of attending organizations for the 14th Annual Environmental Career Fair scheduled Wednesday, February 25, 2015.
(updated as of December 17, 2014)
|Bartlett Tree Experts||www.bartlett.com|
|Heritage Environmental Services||www.heritage-enviro.com/|
|NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation||www.dec.ny.gov|
|NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation-Bureau of Environmental Education||http://www.dec.ny.gov/education/1869.html|
|NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation-Division of Law Enforcement||www.dec.ny.gov|
|NYS Office of Parks, Recreation, & Historic Preservation (Central Region)||www.nysparks.com|
|Raquette Lake Camps||www.raquettelake.com|
|School of Public Health, University at Albany||www.albany.edu/sph/|
|SUNY-ESF Alumni Association||www.esf.edu/alumni/|
|SUNY-ESF Federal Work-Study Program||www.esf.edu/financialaid/fws.htm|
|The Chazen Companies||www.chazencompanies.com|
|The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company||www.whiting-turner.com|
|USDA - NRCS||www.nrcs.usda.gov|
Questions or comments? Send them to