Faculty & Staff
SUNY-ESF Career Services
Welcome, Faculty and Staff
The goal of the SUNY-ESF Career Services Office is to assist ESF students and alumni in applying their education and experiences toward advancing their career goals over a lifetime. Many students will approach their faculty advisors first with questions about the future, so we invite you to spend some time exploring this website to learn more about our programs and services. We look forward to welcoming your advisees to the Career Services Office and working with you in our common goal of student success.
- What is Your Role in Career Services?Students look to faculty and staff as folks “in the know.” What can you do to support our students as they look to transition to the next phase of their lives?
- Writing Letters of Recommendation
- Major/Career Advising and Choices: While there are many websites that can help you to learn more about majors and their relation to careers, the following are a few we have selected.
- Graduating Student Survey—Word, PDF: It’s also important that you are able to let students know where their predecessors have “landed.” Check out this report for job types and salary information.
- Job Research: Want to do some homework on employers, salaries and locations? Start here!
- Internships: Did you know that nationwide, nearly 60% of employers end up offering full-time positions to students that intern with them? And more than 85% of employers who hire a former intern find that these employees have a higher retention rate than other employees. Nearly 90% of new graduates with jobs have internship or internship-related experience on their resumes. Learn more on the Internships website.
- Graduate School Preparation materials: The Career Services office holds a collection of resource materials to help students prepare for admission into graduate school. Students can learn about the application process, gain admission test information (GRE, MCAT, or LSAT), and utilize resources available on the web.