CoursesB.S. in Biochemistry
- Academic Catalog (current course requirements)
Undergraduates in the Biochemistry and Natural Products option take advanced lecture courses in the following areas:
- FCH384 Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds
- FCH530 Biochemistry I - cellular component and metabolic reactions
- FCH532 Biochemistry II - protein biosynthesis, nucleic acids and molecular biology
- FCH531 Biochemical Techniques - Protein isolation and enzymology
Some appropriate chemistry electives are:
- FCH 390 Drugs from the Wild.
- FCH 440 Introduction to Chemical Ecology.
- FCH 524 Natural Products Chemistry
- FCH 540 Carbohydrates
- BTC 401 Molecular Biology Techniques
Research opportunities in Environmental Chemistry through the FCH495/498 sequence are strongly encouraged. The program offers an excellent background both for direct entry into industrial chemistry and graduate study in areas such as chemistry, biotechnology, material science.
B.S. in Biochemistry Links
If you would like more information please contact us:
Department of Chemistry
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210