B.S. in Biochemistry
Undergraduates in the Biochemistry and Natural Products option take advanced lecture courses in the following areas:
- FCH384 Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds
- FCH530 Biochemistry I - cellular component and metabolic reactions
- FCH532 Biochemistry II - protein biosynthesis, nucleic acids and molecular biology
- FCH531 Biochemical Techniques - Protein isolation and enzymology
Some appropriate chemistry electives are:
- FCH 390 Drugs from the Wild.
- FCH 440 Introduction to Chemical Ecology.
- FCH 524 Natural Products Chemistry
- FCH 540 Carbohydrates
- BTC 401 Molecular Biology Techniques
Research opportunities in Environmental Chemistry through the FCH495/498 sequence are strongly encouraged.
The program offers an excellent background both for direct entry into industrial chemistry and graduate study in areas such as chemistry, biotechnology, material science.