CoursesB.S. in Environmental Chemistry
Undergraduates in the Environmental Chemistry option take advanced lecture courses in the following areas:
- FCH 510 Environmental Chemistry I -Aquatic Chemistry
- FCH 511 Environmental Chemistry II - Atmospheric Chemistry
- FCH 515 Methods of Environmental Chemical Analysis
Some appropriate professional electives are:
- Biochemistry I (FCH 530) is an appropriate elective for students interested in biotechnology
- Biochemistry II (FCH 532): another good choice for premedical students
- FCH 399 Introduction to Atmospheric Sciences
- FCH 520 Marine Biogeochemistry
- FCH 525 Oceanography
- Advanced courses in mathematics, statistics.
The senior year culminates in a senior research project undertaken under the supervision of one of the chemistry faculty. Their research interests range from laboratory to field-intensive studies.
All students are encouraged to start research before their senior year through FCH 495.
The program offers an excellent background both for direct entry into industrial chemistry and graduate study in areas such as chemistry, biotechnology, material science.
B.S. in Environmental Chemistry Links
For more information, contact:
Department of Chemistry
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210