M.S. and Ph.D. in Environmental Chemistry
- Yue Zeng (M.S. 2012, Dibble), Research Associate, OptaFuel Tobacco Region LLC
- Jennifer Croskrey (M.S. 2012, Hassett), U.S. Geological Survey Colorado Water Science Center
- Gary Bonomo (M.S. 2011, Johnson) - Lab Assistant, Syracuse University Department of Chemistry
- Jordan Brinkley (M.S. 2008, Kieber) - Lab Coordinator, ESF Department of Chemistry
- Kaycee Cole (M.S. 2008, Hassett) Research Scientist at NYS Department of Health
- Caresse Fernandez (M.S. 2012, Teece) –6th Grade Science Teacher, Bedford Stuyvesant Collegiate Charter School
- Sarah FitzPatrick (M.S. 2009, Teece
- Lindsay A. Harrington (Ph.D. 2012, Hassett) - INFICON, a manufacturer of instruments for gas analysis in DeWitt
- Karen Howard (Ph.D. 2007, NSF Graduate Fellow, Boyer) U.S. General Accounting Office
- Donald Hughes (Ph.D. 2005, Hassett) Chemical Analyst, Certified Environmental Services
- Rebecca Jarrell Lyons (Ph.D. 2010, Hassett) Assistant Professor of Chemistry, University of Redlands.
- Raphael Klake (Ph.D. 2009, Hassett)
- Elizabeth Konopko (M.S. 2007, Boyer)
- Cynthia Lawniczak Hennessy (Ph.D. 2005, Teece) Associate Professor, Onondaga Community College
- Karen Schmitt (M.S. 2010, Dibble) Galson Laboratories
- Smriti Sharma (M.S. 2015, Hassett) Environmental Analyst, Aria Energy
- Peter Smyntek (Ph.D. 2006, NSF Graduate Fellow, Teece) Queen Mary University of London
- Christopher Spiese (Ph.D. 2010, EPA GRO Fellow Kieber) Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Ohio Northern University
- Hannah Stella-Levinson (M.S. 2008, Johnson) - Chemistry teacher, Fabius-Pompey School District
- Ray Van Orden (M.S. 2008, Kieber) Forensic Scientist Supervisor, City of Mesa
- George Westby (M.S. 2008, Kieber)
- Emily White (Ph.D. 2007, Kieber) Assistant Professor at Sewanee: The University of the South
- Lei Zhang (Ph.D. 2005, Dibble) Covance, Inc.
Graduate Environmental Chemistry Links
- Graduate Chemistry Program Information Request
- Admission Information
- Important LInks
Selected applicants to the graduate program will be offered a full tuition waiver and a 12 month stipend that will cover their living expenses, and the costs of books and fees. Students are supported primarily as research assistants rather than teaching assistants, and as a result they have more time to devote to their research.
Current Graduate Students in Environmental Chemistry
Only currently registered students appearnew student names are added at the start of the academic year.
Graduate Research Topic
I study microbialites in Fayetteville Green Lake. Microbialites are interesting carbonate rock structures that are coated with a thick outer most active microbial mat. Microbialites are found in freshwater and are similar to stromatolites their marine equivalent. Microbialites are found in several lakes globally, however, exactly what causes microbialites to form is unknown. I am performing a biomarker analysis, identifying fatty acids, sterols, alcohols and hopanoids and a pigment analysis in an attempt to determine what the major microbial components of Green Lake microbialites are and comparing them to other microbialites globally.
Degree Sought: MS
Graduate Research Topic
Monitoring phosphorous concentrations in Sodus Bay New York