In addition to normal classroom and laboratory instruction, students perform cutting-edge research. Students at all levels are encouraged to become involved with research, and two out of three students do so before their senior year. All seniors must perform an independent research project. Students commonly present their research results at local and even national scientific meetings.
- Talk to your professors about research projects!
- Summer research opportunities with the US DOE Global Change Education Program
- Internships at government research laboratories
- Internships in Chemistry
The Chemistry department’s home is the 71,000 square foot, Edwin C. Jahn Laboratory, which was completed in October, 1997.
Department of Chemistry
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
- Ivan Gitsov, Chair
- David J. Kieber, Associate Chair for Undergraduate Laboratories
- Theodore S. Dibble, Associate Chair for Graduate and Undergraduate Programs
- Mark Teece, Undergraduate Curriculum Coordinator