The purpose of the Office of Communications is to increase the general awareness and visibility of SUNY-ESF through an effective news and media relations program, and through the production of College publications, web pages, public events and other materials or activities used to communicate the College’s desired image.
- Achieve the visibility metrics outlined in ESF’s annual strategic planning process, with an overarching goal of expanding the College’s name recognition and brand awareness at a local, state, national, and international level.
- Continually provide new content and enhanced features on the ESF website and on our related social networking sites. Use the Web and electronic media effectively as these become ESF’s primary modes of communication with external audiences.
- Produce official ESF publications, including the College Catalog, Inside ESF magazine, and a variety of recruitment and development publications, to provide information to prospective students, alumni, friends of the College, and other external audiences. Support the communications needs of other academic and administrative departments at ESF. Monitor and enforce the College’s visual identity standards.
- Coordinate ESF’s participation in special on- or off-campus events aimed at increasing the College’s visibility and reputation.
- Develop, implement and maintain a program of news and information about College faculty, staff and students; programs and activities for the news media, the College Web site and other audiences.
- Develop and maintain a vibrant College Web site and affiliated social network sites that inform various audiences about the College’s academic programs and achievements.
- Oversee the production of College publications, from conception through writing, editing, design and layout; and select the printer and oversee the printing of such publications.
- Advise members of the College staff on matters involving external and media relations and act as liaison between the College and the news media.
- Plan, coordinate or support campus events and College participation in public events in ways that advance the general news and public relations goals of the College or that, by their nature, would attract media attention.