O'Brien & Gere Employees Donate to ESF
$12,000 given during company's 60th anneversary
Employees of O’Brien & Gere donated more than $12,000 to the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) during the company’s 60th anniversary celebration.
The donations were collected at the firm’s anniversary black tie event at the Oncenter last month. More than 120 donors made gifts totaling $12,885.
ESF was one of three charities earmarked by O'Brien and Gere for the donations. The company paid for the party but asked attendees to make a contribution to the college or one of two national organizations.
"O'Brien & Gere and its employees are dedicated to the education of students in the fields of engineering and science,” company CEO Terry L. Brown wrote in a letter to College Foundation Executive Director Brenda Greenfield. “This donation is an example of us living that dedication.”
Greenfield said the funds will be used to support scholarships and academic programs at ESF.
"We are very grateful for O'Brien & Gere’s generosity and for the company's efforts to make local charitable giving a part of their 60th anniversary celebration," Greenfield said.
The ESF College Foundation Inc. annually provides nearly $500,000 in scholarships to ESF students.
Release No. 47 February 7, 2006
More ESF News
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210