ESF Students Receive Chancellor's Award
Deborah Visco and Laura Wayne
SYRACUSE,N.Y. Deborah Visco of Huntington Station and Laura Wayne of Skaneateles were presented with their awards during a ceremony at the Empire State Convention Center where they received framed certificates and medallions, which may be worn at commencement.
Chancellor's Award honorees excel both in academic achievement and in at least one of the following areas: leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts or career achievement.
Visco is an environmental and forest biology major. She has been on the President's High Honors List every semester and is a SUNY Alumni Memorial Scholarship Honorable Mention winner. She is a member of the ESF Green Campus Initiative executive board. Visco is a chemistry tutor, and an orientation leader, and earned the Gold Award as a Girl Scout of America.
Wayne is a biotechnology major and received presidential high honors. She is active in ESF's Honors Program and will complete her bachelor's degree in only three years. She was selected in a national competition to receive a summer undergraduate research fellowship from the American Society of Plant Biologists. Wayne serves as a research intern at Johns Hopkins University between semesters and has volunteered at Roberts Middle School in Syracuse. She founded the Bioethics Club at ESF in 2005 and is an accomplished dancer and musician.
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210