Gibbs, Teece Receive Foundation Awards
Exceptional Achievement in Teaching
Two associate professors have been chosen as recipients of the 2006 Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching.
Dr. James P. Gibbs of the Faculty of Environmental and Forest Biology Faculty and Dr. Mark Teece of the Faculty of Chemistry received the awards October 24 during the ESF College Foundation annual meeting.
Gibbs was cited for his dedication in the classroom to more than 200 students each year and service related to professional scholarly activities. Teece was cited for his enthusiasm and ability to make chemistry relevant to his peoples daily lives. Both faculty members are known for their accessibility to students and their extraordinary efforts to help students succeed.
The Foundation Award was established in 1999 to celebrate the accomplishments of ESF faculty and staff members who excel at the art of teaching. Recipients are nominated by faculty chairs and selected by campus-wide committee. The Foundation provides winners with a personalized recognition plaque and a cash award of $1,000. A permanent plaque displayed in the Bray Hall rotunda lists the names of all recipients.
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210