ESF Students Receive Chancellor’s Award
Steven Fox and Breeanne Neal
SYRACUSE, N.Y. Two students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were honored with the Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence during an April ceremony in Albany.
Steven Fox of Grand Rapids, Mich., and Breeanne Neal of Sherburne were presented with their awards during a ceremony at the Empire State Convention Center, where they received framed certificates and medallions, which may be worn at commencement.
Chancellor Award honorees excel both in academic achievement and in at least one of the following areas: leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts or career achievement.
Fox is a natural history and interpretation major. He is president of the Undergraduate Student Association, an orientation leader, peer tutor coordinator, admissions volunteer, and vice president of the honor society Alpha Xi Sigma.
Neal is an environmental biology major. She is an orientation leader, head student-to-student mentor, and vice president for Alpha Xi Sigma; plays intramural sports at Syracuse University; and is graduating a semester early. She plans to attend SUNY Albany's School of Public Health this fall to work on a master's in public health in epidemiology.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210