ESF Students Receive Chancellor’s Award
Steven Fox and Breeanne Neal
SYRACUSE, N.Y. Two students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were honored with the Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence during an April ceremony in Albany.
Steven Fox of Grand Rapids, Mich., and Breeanne Neal of Sherburne were presented with their awards during a ceremony at the Empire State Convention Center, where they received framed certificates and medallions, which may be worn at commencement.
Chancellor Award honorees excel both in academic achievement and in at least one of the following areas: leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts or career achievement.
Fox is a natural history and interpretation major. He is president of the Undergraduate Student Association, an orientation leader, peer tutor coordinator, admissions volunteer, and vice president of the honor society Alpha Xi Sigma.
Neal is an environmental biology major. She is an orientation leader, head student-to-student mentor, and vice president for Alpha Xi Sigma; plays intramural sports at Syracuse University; and is graduating a semester early. She plans to attend SUNY Albany's School of Public Health this fall to work on a master's in public health in epidemiology.
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210