Area Resident Named to ASLA Board of Trustees
SYRACUSE Paul Fusco of Pound Ridge was elected the 2007-08 student representative to the American Society of Landscape Architecture (ASLA) Board of Trustees.
Fusco is a sophomore at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) where he is majoring in landscape architecture. This is the first time an ESF student has been elected to this national position.
At ESF, Fusco is a board member of the Landscape Architecture Club, and he represented the LA department on the Provost’s Student and Administrator’s Advisory Council. He is a freshman orientation leader and president of the ESF club soccer team.
ESF is the only college in the United States devoted solely to the study of the environment. Since it was established in 1911, the college has developed innovative programs in a broad range of academic areas related to biology, chemistry, engineering, management, design and planning.
ASLA is the national professional association representing landscape architects working to increase the public’s awareness of and appreciation for the profession of landscape architecture.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210