Green Building Conference
SUNY-ESF & US Green Building Council
"We are all caretakers of our environment, in fact, we are the environment," Chief Oren R. Lyons has said. Chief Lyons was presented with the 2007 Green Building Advocate of the Year on Friday, April 13, 2007. He was also the featured speaker for the fifth annual Green Building Conference, hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) and the US Green Building Council at the Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel and Conference Center in Syracuse, NY.
Chief Oren R. Lyons is a traditional Faithkeeper of the Turtle Clan and a member of the Onondaga Nation Council of Chiefs. He is a Professor of American Studies at SUNY Buffalo, where he directs the Native American Studies Program. He is sought after lecturer on Indian law and history, human rights, the environment and interfaith dialogue.
The annual Green Building Conference attendees included: engineers, architects, code officials, academics, building owners and community members. This is an annual conference focused on green building issues, strategies, and products, providing professionals with an opportunity to network and discuss the latest technologies and best practices in their fields.
The 5th annual conference spotlighted biomass, sustainability initiatives, energy savings, recycling and the real challenges of building green. The conference included discussions about green building practices, vendor displays, and offered an interactive double session titled, "Shifting our collective mindset".
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210