Forest Biorefinery Conference
The video originally included in this story is no longer available via this page. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if more information is required.
ESF, O’Brien & Gere and Catalyst Renewables co-sponsored a Forest Biorefinery Conference October 9th and 10th to establish a path forward to cellulosic ethanol and other bio-products.
On September 27th, ESF demonstrated exactly how the forest biorefinery will work by taking newspaper, television and radio reporters through the entire process from turning logs into wood chips, pressure-cooking the chips to extract the sugar, separating the sugar from the other products and then fermentation to produce the ethanol.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210