Sunday, October 26, 2014
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF Honored for Commitment to Blood Drives
- Bioenergy Day Highlights Benefits of Heating with Wood
- SUNY Manufacturing Funding Benefits ESF Work
- Nature Photographer To Be Honored with ESF’s Annual Feinstone Award
- ‘Humanitarian Engineering’ Puts ESF Students to Work
Chemistry Graduate Student wins Poster Award
Jeremy Sullivan wins honor from research association
Jeremy Sullivan, a Ph.D. chemistry student at ESF, has received the Best Student Poster Award for his poster presented at the 2010 International Association of Great Lakes Research (IAGLR) meeting.
The title of the poster was "Discrimination of Phytoplankton on the Basis of Their Pigment Signatures." The award, presented during last year's meeting in Toronto, was announced at this year's meeting in Duluth, Minn.
The award, presented by IAGLR and Hydrolab/Hach Corp., consists of a cash prize and a complimentary one-year membership to the association, which includes a subscription to the Journal of Great Lakes Research.
Sullivan carried out his research with Dr. Gregory L. Boyer, a professor and the chair of ESF's Department of Chemistry. Boyer is also director of the Great Lakes Research Consortium.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210