Wednesday, October 7, 2015
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF Faculty, Students Help Set Guinness World Record
- ‘Great Experience’ Takes Grad Student to Bulgaria
- EPA Regional Administrator to Speak Oct. 6 at ESF
- Leader in American Chestnut Restoration To Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- Job Offers And No College Loans
Chemistry Graduate Student wins Poster Award
Jeremy Sullivan wins honor from research association
Jeremy Sullivan, a Ph.D. chemistry student at ESF, has received the Best Student Poster Award for his poster presented at the 2010 International Association of Great Lakes Research (IAGLR) meeting.
The title of the poster was "Discrimination of Phytoplankton on the Basis of Their Pigment Signatures." The award, presented during last year's meeting in Toronto, was announced at this year's meeting in Duluth, Minn.
The award, presented by IAGLR and Hydrolab/Hach Corp., consists of a cash prize and a complimentary one-year membership to the association, which includes a subscription to the Journal of Great Lakes Research.
Sullivan carried out his research with Dr. Gregory L. Boyer, a professor and the chair of ESF's Department of Chemistry. Boyer is also director of the Great Lakes Research Consortium.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210