Chemistry Graduate Student wins Poster Award
Jeremy Sullivan wins honor from research association
Jeremy Sullivan, a Ph.D. chemistry student at ESF, has received the Best Student Poster Award for his poster presented at the 2010 International Association of Great Lakes Research (IAGLR) meeting.
The title of the poster was "Discrimination of Phytoplankton on the Basis of Their Pigment Signatures." The award, presented during last year's meeting in Toronto, was announced at this year's meeting in Duluth, Minn.
The award, presented by IAGLR and Hydrolab/Hach Corp., consists of a cash prize and a complimentary one-year membership to the association, which includes a subscription to the Journal of Great Lakes Research.
Sullivan carried out his research with Dr. Gregory L. Boyer, a professor and the chair of ESF's Department of Chemistry. Boyer is also director of the Great Lakes Research Consortium.
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210