Chemistry Graduate Student wins Poster Award
Jeremy Sullivan wins honor from research association
Jeremy Sullivan, a Ph.D. chemistry student at ESF, has received the Best Student Poster Award for his poster presented at the 2010 International Association of Great Lakes Research (IAGLR) meeting.
The title of the poster was "Discrimination of Phytoplankton on the Basis of Their Pigment Signatures." The award, presented during last year's meeting in Toronto, was announced at this year's meeting in Duluth, Minn.
The award, presented by IAGLR and Hydrolab/Hach Corp., consists of a cash prize and a complimentary one-year membership to the association, which includes a subscription to the Journal of Great Lakes Research.
Sullivan carried out his research with Dr. Gregory L. Boyer, a professor and the chair of ESF's Department of Chemistry. Boyer is also director of the Great Lakes Research Consortium.
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210