Timelines Trace ESF’s First Century
Displays document College’s founding and growth
The 100-year history of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is on display in the College's F. Franklin Moon Library in the form of a timeline produced by the Onondaga Historical Association.
The timeline, mounted as a permanent display on the library's north wall, tells the story of the College from its founding in 1911 through its development into an international leader in environmental science education and research.
The display features photos and text that put the College's programs and accomplishments in the context of scientific developments and news events around the world.
The Department of Landscape Architecture has a detailed timeline of its history mounted in the third-floor hallway of Marshall Hall, the campus building that houses the department's faculty offices and studio space. The exhibit was prepared by LA lecturer Anthony Miller and graduate student Nicole Mihevic.
During the summer, both displays can be seen 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to noon Friday, with the exception of holidays.
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
- ‘Extinct’ Floreana Tortoise Species Could Return to Galapagos
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- LA, EFB Students Delve Into Harriet Tubman’s History
- MLA Student Receives ASLA Honors
- ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210