SUNY-ESF Rises to 15 in U.S. News 'Great Schools, Great Prices' List
U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2009
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) has, for the eighth year in a row, earned a place among the top universities in America, as ranked by U.S. News & World Report.
In the "Great Schools, Great Prices" category of the 2009 edition of America's Best Colleges, ESF is ranked 15th. The formula used in that category relates a school's academic quality to the net cost of attendance for a student who receives the average level of need-based financial aid. ESF is the only SUNY institution listed in this category.
ESF is listed at 37 among the top 50 public national universities, and at 83 in the list of best national universities, which includes both public and private institutions.
"ESF is very pleased with our recognition in the U.S. News & World Report rankings of national universities," ESF President Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr., said. "We are most proud of our listing of 15th in the category of 'Great Schools, Great Prices.' To be in the company of the University of Virginia, Brown, Emory and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill validates the work of our faculty and staff and supports the contributions of our outstanding students."
In the spring of 2007, U.S. News picked SUNY-ESF as one of four outstanding science-oriented colleges in the Northeast that the magazine would feature in a special video for prospective students. The other featured schools were MIT, RPI and Clarkson University. View the U.S. News "Science in the Northeast" video to see why SUNY-ESF was ranked among these top schools.
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
- ERE Major Tackles Wastewater Plan in Iceland
- 44 ESF Students Spend Summer as DEC Interns
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210