SUNY-ESF Rises to 15 in U.S. News 'Great Schools, Great Prices' List
U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2009
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) has, for the eighth year in a row, earned a place among the top universities in America, as ranked by U.S. News & World Report.
In the "Great Schools, Great Prices" category of the 2009 edition of America's Best Colleges, ESF is ranked 15th. The formula used in that category relates a school's academic quality to the net cost of attendance for a student who receives the average level of need-based financial aid. ESF is the only SUNY institution listed in this category.
ESF is listed at 37 among the top 50 public national universities, and at 83 in the list of best national universities, which includes both public and private institutions.
"ESF is very pleased with our recognition in the U.S. News & World Report rankings of national universities," ESF President Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr., said. "We are most proud of our listing of 15th in the category of 'Great Schools, Great Prices.' To be in the company of the University of Virginia, Brown, Emory and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill validates the work of our faculty and staff and supports the contributions of our outstanding students."
In the spring of 2007, U.S. News picked SUNY-ESF as one of four outstanding science-oriented colleges in the Northeast that the magazine would feature in a special video for prospective students. The other featured schools were MIT, RPI and Clarkson University. View the U.S. News "Science in the Northeast" video to see why SUNY-ESF was ranked among these top schools.
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210