Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Kick Off Season With Wins
Men and women both defeat Buccaneers
The ESF men's and women's soccer teams started off the season strong with wins against Jefferson Community College Aug. 28 at Jefferson.
The Mighty Oaks men triumphed 2-0 over the JCC Buccaneers thanks to late goals scored by sophomore Ryan Craig in the 81st minute and junior Josh Spenard in the 90th minute.
"I was very impressed with the newcomers on the team and am looking forward to seeing how the team develops as the season progresses," said ESF Coach Dan Ramin.
Following the men's game, the ESF women were victorious against JCC, winning 3-1. They started the game strong with an early goal scored by sophomore Brooke Harris in the 15th minute, followed by later goals scored by senior Wendy Getman and freshmen Bridget Cuddihi.
"We played great as a team in some crazy conditions," said freshman Goalkeeper Ani Zipkin.
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210