ESF Men's Soccer Team Wins Season Opener
Newly formed Women's soccer team edged by Oswego State team.
ESF's men's soccer team opened its Collegiate Club Soccer League with a 1-0 win against Oswego State Sept. 6.
The game-winning goal was scored in the opening minutes. Cosimo Pagano's corner kick was received by Adam Lavelle, whose diving header reached Nick Herrara-Caves, who kicked it into the net. ESF controlled possession during most of the 90-minute match. The men's team plays its next league game against SUNY Cortland at 5 p.m. Sept. 14 at the CNY Family Sportscentre.
The first game for ESF's new women's soccer team was a close match against Oswego State. Oswego edged ESF 1-0, but the game was an exciting up-and-down battle between the two teams, and ESF's rookie team made a solid showing. The women have games scheduled in October against Paul Smith's and Cazenovia.
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210