ESF Shines at New York State Fair
188 volunteers staff College tent
What has 276 legs and contributed more than 750 hours of community service on behalf of ESF?
It's the 188 students, faculty, staff, family and friends that made ESF at the New York State Fair possible.
Continuing the College's Centennial Celebration, the departments of Environmental Resources Engineering, Environmental and Forest Biology, Paper and Bioprocess Engineering, Chemistry, and Forest and Natural Resources Management, along with the Office of Research Programs, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, the Salix Consortium and the Office of Communications pulled out all the stops to showcase what they have to offer not only fairgoers, but New York state.
During the 12-day fair students, faculty and staff taught people how to make handmade paper, answered questions about local flora and fauna, handed out tree seedlings, explained wastewater filtration with hands-on demonstrations and helped children turn items normally recycled into miniature works of art.
Beyond the 188 people who spent time at the fair, countless members of the campus community answered the call for arts and crafts "supplies" such as dead CDs, paper rolls, pinecones and java jackets.
This year the College also had two corporate partners assisting with different fair projects. Byrne Dairy donated all the dairy products the Department of Chemistry used to make liquid nitrogen ice cream. And Wegmans donated two boxes of java jackets following the coffee cup redesign that eliminated the sleeves. The generosity of both companies is greatly appreciated.
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- Oakie Acorn Receives Mascot Madness Trophy
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210