'Father of Green Chemistry' to Speak at Green Building Conference
Event set for March 2012
Paul Anastas, Ph.D., will speak at the 10th Annual New York State Green Building Conference March 29, 2012.
Anastas earned his M.A. and Ph.D. in chemistry from Brandeis University and is a synthetic organic chemist. He joined the Yale University faculty in 2007 and is now the director of the Center for Green Chemistry and Green Engineering, and the inaugural Teresa and H. John Heinz III Professor in the Practice of Chemistry for the Environment at Yale's School of Forestry and Environmental Studies.
Anastas has also been nominated by President Barack Obama to serve as the assistant administrator for the Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Research and Development and as a science advisor to the EPA.
As the "Father of Green Chemistry," Anastas has been recognized nationally and internationally for his many contributions to science and the environment, as well as for his innovative research on the design, manufacture, and use of minimally toxic, environmentallyf riendly chemicals.
The New York State Green Building Conference will take place March 29 and 30 at the Oncenter in Syracuse, NY. The conference serves as a forum for green building research and development, best practices, and discussions on green building science and operation and maintenance, as well as an opportunity to network with other green building experts, professionals and researchers.
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210