'Father of Green Chemistry' to Speak at Green Building Conference
Event set for March 2012
Paul Anastas, Ph.D., will speak at the 10th Annual New York State Green Building Conference March 29, 2012.
Anastas earned his M.A. and Ph.D. in chemistry from Brandeis University and is a synthetic organic chemist. He joined the Yale University faculty in 2007 and is now the director of the Center for Green Chemistry and Green Engineering, and the inaugural Teresa and H. John Heinz III Professor in the Practice of Chemistry for the Environment at Yale's School of Forestry and Environmental Studies.
Anastas has also been nominated by President Barack Obama to serve as the assistant administrator for the Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Research and Development and as a science advisor to the EPA.
As the "Father of Green Chemistry," Anastas has been recognized nationally and internationally for his many contributions to science and the environment, as well as for his innovative research on the design, manufacture, and use of minimally toxic, environmentallyf riendly chemicals.
The New York State Green Building Conference will take place March 29 and 30 at the Oncenter in Syracuse, NY. The conference serves as a forum for green building research and development, best practices, and discussions on green building science and operation and maintenance, as well as an opportunity to network with other green building experts, professionals and researchers.
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ‘Amazing Experience’ with Animals Leads to Career Goal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210