Home Away From Home
Residence halls provide creature comforts
Students have made their dorm rooms a home away from home for years bringing decorations, photos and other reflections of their interests to their living spaces.
Prior to 2011, ESF students who wanted to live on campus resided in dormitories on the Syracuse University campus. Pictured is a dorm room from the 1920s.
Today ESF students call Centennial Hall home. The building, which opened in August 2011, marks the first time that ESF students live in their own residence hall on campus. Centennial Hall houses 452 students. Freshmen live in two-person shared rooms with private baths and upper classmen can choose either private or semi-private suites or apartments.
The $30 million residence hall, constructed by the ESF College Foundation, Inc., was built to be an environmentally friendly Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)-certified building. Its impact on the environment is reduced by the use of storm water management techniques, sustainable building materials where possible, landscaping that includes native plants and a limited need to mow, extensive indoor storage and cleaning facilities for bicycles, and a pedestrian-friendly design.
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
- ERE Major Tackles Wastewater Plan in Iceland
- 44 ESF Students Spend Summer as DEC Interns
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210