Soccer Teams Secure Victories, Draw
Woman register win, men register win and draw.
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's soccer teams were both victorious this weekend. The women won 5-0 and the men won 2-1 and secured a draw.
The ESF women played through an uneventful first half in their match against SUNY Delhi, with a scoreless tie at halftime. Sophomore Brook Harris and senior Meaghan Dalton brought the team to victory in the second half with a string of goals and freshman Bridget Cuddihy registered her third hat-trick of the season. The women will play next against SUNY IT at 4 p.m. Oct. 24 at the CNY Family Sports Center.
The ESF men also defeated SUNY Delhi. Junior Gideon Ankomah and freshman Kyle Bardwell scored the Mighty Oaks' goals and were supported by strong defense by sophomore Adam Scalisi, junior Tim McNaney, sophomore Marshall Secord, and senior Kevan Busa. Sunday the men faced off against powerhouse Berkeley College and ended with a draw. The team battled to the end, leveling the score with a set piece goal by Busa. The Mighty Oaks outshot the competition 16 to 4 with excellent possession. The men will play next in the first Barkeater Cup match Oct. 28 at Paul Smith's College.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Studentís ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210