Soccer Teams Secure Victories, Draw
Woman register win, men register win and draw.
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's soccer teams were both victorious this weekend. The women won 5-0 and the men won 2-1 and secured a draw.
The ESF women played through an uneventful first half in their match against SUNY Delhi, with a scoreless tie at halftime. Sophomore Brook Harris and senior Meaghan Dalton brought the team to victory in the second half with a string of goals and freshman Bridget Cuddihy registered her third hat-trick of the season. The women will play next against SUNY IT at 4 p.m. Oct. 24 at the CNY Family Sports Center.
The ESF men also defeated SUNY Delhi. Junior Gideon Ankomah and freshman Kyle Bardwell scored the Mighty Oaks' goals and were supported by strong defense by sophomore Adam Scalisi, junior Tim McNaney, sophomore Marshall Secord, and senior Kevan Busa. Sunday the men faced off against powerhouse Berkeley College and ended with a draw. The team battled to the end, leveling the score with a set piece goal by Busa. The Mighty Oaks outshot the competition 16 to 4 with excellent possession. The men will play next in the first Barkeater Cup match Oct. 28 at Paul Smith's College.
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210