Soccer Teams Secure Victories, Draw
Woman register win, men register win and draw.
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's soccer teams were both victorious this weekend. The women won 5-0 and the men won 2-1 and secured a draw.
The ESF women played through an uneventful first half in their match against SUNY Delhi, with a scoreless tie at halftime. Sophomore Brook Harris and senior Meaghan Dalton brought the team to victory in the second half with a string of goals and freshman Bridget Cuddihy registered her third hat-trick of the season. The women will play next against SUNY IT at 4 p.m. Oct. 24 at the CNY Family Sports Center.
The ESF men also defeated SUNY Delhi. Junior Gideon Ankomah and freshman Kyle Bardwell scored the Mighty Oaks' goals and were supported by strong defense by sophomore Adam Scalisi, junior Tim McNaney, sophomore Marshall Secord, and senior Kevan Busa. Sunday the men faced off against powerhouse Berkeley College and ended with a draw. The team battled to the end, leveling the score with a set piece goal by Busa. The Mighty Oaks outshot the competition 16 to 4 with excellent possession. The men will play next in the first Barkeater Cup match Oct. 28 at Paul Smith's College.
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210