Nominations Sought for Green Building Advocate of the Year
Green building practices to be honored
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is seeking nominations for the 2012 New York State Green Building Advocate of the Year award.
The award will be presented during the Green Building Conference March 29-30 in Syracuse.
Nominees should be:
- An individual actively involved in the field of green building, green construction or sustainable building either in a professional or volunteer capacity.
- An individual who embodies the ideals of using processes that are environmentally responsible and resource efficient in all stages of the building process.
- A person who is prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the environment.
To nominate an individual for the award, visit the Green Building conference website at www.esf.edu/greenbuilding/ . Nominees from New York state are highly encouraged. Only submissions with the author's name and affiliation will be considered. A list of past recipients' profiles is also available on the website.
The 10th Annual New York State Green Building Conference will be held March 29-30 at the Oncenter in Syracuse, N.Y. The conference is hosted by ESF in partnership with the U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate Chapter.
The conference is the forum for current green building research and development, best practices, discussions on green building science, and operation and maintenance, as well as an opportunity to network with other green building experts, professionals, and researchers.
To register visit www.esf.edu/greenbuilding/2012/register.htm.
- Farther from the Forest: ‘Eye-opening’ Study Shows Rural U.S. Loses Forests Faster than Cities
- ESF Professor Awarded Research Grant
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210