Nominations Sought for Green Building Advocate of the Year
Green building practices to be honored
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is seeking nominations for the 2012 New York State Green Building Advocate of the Year award.
The award will be presented during the Green Building Conference March 29-30 in Syracuse.
Nominees should be:
- An individual actively involved in the field of green building, green construction or sustainable building either in a professional or volunteer capacity.
- An individual who embodies the ideals of using processes that are environmentally responsible and resource efficient in all stages of the building process.
- A person who is prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the environment.
To nominate an individual for the award, visit the Green Building conference website at www.esf.edu/greenbuilding/ . Nominees from New York state are highly encouraged. Only submissions with the author's name and affiliation will be considered. A list of past recipients' profiles is also available on the website.
The 10th Annual New York State Green Building Conference will be held March 29-30 at the Oncenter in Syracuse, N.Y. The conference is hosted by ESF in partnership with the U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate Chapter.
The conference is the forum for current green building research and development, best practices, discussions on green building science, and operation and maintenance, as well as an opportunity to network with other green building experts, professionals, and researchers.
To register visit www.esf.edu/greenbuilding/2012/register.htm.
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210