Sunday, January 25, 2015
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Jan. 28 Meeting in Piseco to Focus on ‘Great South Woods’
- ESF Student Awarded EPA Fellowship Grant
- Harry Potter Flies into ESF’s Moon Library
- Karaline Rothwell Honored With Unsung Hero Award
SUNY-ESF to Host SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines
On Feb. 13, ESF will hold a Conversation in the Disciplines event titled "Depolarizing the Environment: Thinking Broadly About Science, Policy and Politics." Join us for a thought-provoking discussion on how the science of the environment can be better engaged with the political and social realms we inhabit, and how to foster a culture of intellectual openness at the difficult interface of environment, politics, culture and science. READ MORE
Nominations Sought for Green Building Advocate of the Year
Green building practices to be honored
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is seeking nominations for the 2012 New York State Green Building Advocate of the Year award.
The award will be presented during the Green Building Conference March 29-30 in Syracuse.
Nominees should be:
- An individual actively involved in the field of green building, green construction or sustainable building either in a professional or volunteer capacity.
- An individual who embodies the ideals of using processes that are environmentally responsible and resource efficient in all stages of the building process.
- A person who is prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the environment.
To nominate an individual for the award, visit the Green Building conference website at www.esf.edu/greenbuilding/ . Nominees from New York state are highly encouraged. Only submissions with the author's name and affiliation will be considered. A list of past recipients' profiles is also available on the website.
The 10th Annual New York State Green Building Conference will be held March 29-30 at the Oncenter in Syracuse, N.Y. The conference is hosted by ESF in partnership with the U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate Chapter.
The conference is the forum for current green building research and development, best practices, discussions on green building science, and operation and maintenance, as well as an opportunity to network with other green building experts, professionals, and researchers.
To register visit www.esf.edu/greenbuilding/2012/register.htm.
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210