ESF Makes Princeton Review's 'Best Value' List
New book lists 150 public and private colleges, universities
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is one of the nation's "Best Value" colleges and universities according to The Princeton Review.
The Princeton Review included ESF in its just-published book, "The Best Value Colleges: 2012 Edition" (Random House / Princeton Review, $21.99, February 7, 2012) and on a special area on its website (log-in required for access to all information).
In its profile of ESF The Princeton Review describes the college as "nationally renowned" and quotes from ESF students surveyed by the Princeton Review who described the college as "a small personal school" where professors "connect real-life problems to all the course work."
Said Robert Franek, Princeton Review's Senior VP/Publisher and lead author of The Best Value Colleges: 2012 Edition, "We commend SUNY-ESF and all of the extraordinary colleges on our 2012 'Best Value Colleges' list for all they are doing to keep costs down and/or offer generous aid to applicants with financial need - all while maintaining excellent academic programs."
The Best Value Colleges: 2012 Edition, subtitled "The 150 Best Buy Colleges and What It Takes to Get In," features profiles of 75 public and 75 private colleges with detailed information about their campus culture, facilities and financial aid offerings.
The Princeton Review selected its "Best Value Colleges" schools based on institutional data and student opinion surveys collected from 650 colleges and universities the Company regards as the nation's academically best undergraduate institutions. The selection process analyzed more than 30 data points broadly covering academics, cost, and financial aid. Cost and financial aid data came from the Company's fall 2011 surveys of school administrators. Data on academics came from its fall 2010 through fall 2011 surveys of school administrators. Data from students attending the schools over these years included their assessments of professors and their satisfaction with financial aid awards.
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210