Symposium Focuses on Interdisciplinary Approach
Students in FNRM, EFB to discuss research
Three ESF student groups will sponsor an Intersociety Symposium Friday, March 2, to highlight the research being done in their fields and stress the benefits of an interdisciplinary approach to environmental problems.
The symposium begins at noon in 408 Baker and is expected to last at least into mid-afternoon. Students, faculty and staff are invited to attend.
ESF President Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr., will be the keynote speaker.
"We want to talk about how we need to be an interrelated discipline," said Laurie Raskin, vice president of ESF's Forestry Club. "Without the common basis of ecology, none of our groups would even exist."
Raskin, a junior studying in the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management (FNRM), said the program would be of particular interests to students, faculty and staff in FNRM and the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology.
The agenda includes society and research presentations.
The event is sponsored by the Society of American Foresters, the Society for Conservation Biology and the American Fisheries Society. Refreshments will be provided.
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ‘Amazing Experience’ with Animals Leads to Career Goal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210