Symposium Focuses on Interdisciplinary Approach
Students in FNRM, EFB to discuss research
Three ESF student groups will sponsor an Intersociety Symposium Friday, March 2, to highlight the research being done in their fields and stress the benefits of an interdisciplinary approach to environmental problems.
The symposium begins at noon in 408 Baker and is expected to last at least into mid-afternoon. Students, faculty and staff are invited to attend.
ESF President Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr., will be the keynote speaker.
"We want to talk about how we need to be an interrelated discipline," said Laurie Raskin, vice president of ESF's Forestry Club. "Without the common basis of ecology, none of our groups would even exist."
Raskin, a junior studying in the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management (FNRM), said the program would be of particular interests to students, faculty and staff in FNRM and the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology.
The agenda includes society and research presentations.
The event is sponsored by the Society of American Foresters, the Society for Conservation Biology and the American Fisheries Society. Refreshments will be provided.
More ESF News
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210