Symposium Focuses on Interdisciplinary Approach
Students in FNRM, EFB to discuss research
Three ESF student groups will sponsor an Intersociety Symposium Friday, March 2, to highlight the research being done in their fields and stress the benefits of an interdisciplinary approach to environmental problems.
The symposium begins at noon in 408 Baker and is expected to last at least into mid-afternoon. Students, faculty and staff are invited to attend.
ESF President Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr., will be the keynote speaker.
"We want to talk about how we need to be an interrelated discipline," said Laurie Raskin, vice president of ESF's Forestry Club. "Without the common basis of ecology, none of our groups would even exist."
Raskin, a junior studying in the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management (FNRM), said the program would be of particular interests to students, faculty and staff in FNRM and the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology.
The agenda includes society and research presentations.
The event is sponsored by the Society of American Foresters, the Society for Conservation Biology and the American Fisheries Society. Refreshments will be provided.
- Farther from the Forest: ‘Eye-opening’ Study Shows Rural U.S. Loses Forests Faster than Cities
- ESF Professor Awarded Research Grant
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210