ESF's 2008 Feinstone Speaker Tapped as President's Top Science Advisor
Dr. John Holdren is chosen for the Obama administration.
President Barack Obama has announced his appointment of Dr. John Holdren, who spoke at ESF in October, to high-ranking science advisory positions in the new administration.
Holdren has been chosen as Assistant to the President for Science and Technology, Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, and Co-Chair of the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST).
Holdren addressed the ESF campus community in October 2008 on the topic of "Science and Economics of Sustainability: Managing the Competing Uses of Land, Water, and Forests Under a Changing Climate." He was also the featured speaker at the ESF Foundation's 2008 Sol Feinstone Environmental Awards Dinner, at which ESF alumni Jesse M. Fink and Elizabeth C. "Betsy" Mitchell-Fink were honored for their work advancing environmental entrepreneurship.
Holdren is the Teresa and John Heinz Professor of Environmental Policy at Harvard University and director of the Woods Hole Research Center in Falmouth, Mass. He previously was a member of President Clinton's Committee of Advisors on Science and Technology.
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210