ESF Professor Named to TAPPI Board of Directors
Dr. Gary Scott named to three-year board term
SYRACUSE - Dr. Gary M. Scott of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was named to the Board of Directors of the Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry (TAPPI).
Scott has worked in the paper industry for more than 25 years and is currently professor and chair of the Department of Paper and Bioprocess Engineering at ESF. Prior to coming to ESF in 1998, he taught at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. He received his bachelor's of science degree from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and his master's and Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Scott will serve a three-year term on the TAPPI board of directors.
ESF is the only college in the United States devoted solely to the study of the environment. Since it was established in 1911, the college has developed innovative programs in a broad range of academic areas related to biology, chemistry, engineering, management, design and planning.
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, and converting industries.
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210