ESF Professor Named to TAPPI Board of Directors
Dr. Gary Scott named to three-year board term
SYRACUSE - Dr. Gary M. Scott of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was named to the Board of Directors of the Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry (TAPPI).
Scott has worked in the paper industry for more than 25 years and is currently professor and chair of the Department of Paper and Bioprocess Engineering at ESF. Prior to coming to ESF in 1998, he taught at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. He received his bachelor's of science degree from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and his master's and Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Scott will serve a three-year term on the TAPPI board of directors.
ESF is the only college in the United States devoted solely to the study of the environment. Since it was established in 1911, the college has developed innovative programs in a broad range of academic areas related to biology, chemistry, engineering, management, design and planning.
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, and converting industries.
- ESF President Joins U.S. Leaders : 'We Are Still In’ on Paris Agreement
- Mighty Oaks Welcome a New Coach
- SUNY Ranks among Top 100 Worldwide for Patents Granted in 2016
- Philosopher’s Camp Returns to Newcomb Campus
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210