ESF Professor Named to TAPPI Board of Directors
Dr. Gary Scott named to three-year board term
SYRACUSE - Dr. Gary M. Scott of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was named to the Board of Directors of the Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry (TAPPI).
Scott has worked in the paper industry for more than 25 years and is currently professor and chair of the Department of Paper and Bioprocess Engineering at ESF. Prior to coming to ESF in 1998, he taught at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. He received his bachelor's of science degree from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and his master's and Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Scott will serve a three-year term on the TAPPI board of directors.
ESF is the only college in the United States devoted solely to the study of the environment. Since it was established in 1911, the college has developed innovative programs in a broad range of academic areas related to biology, chemistry, engineering, management, design and planning.
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, and converting industries.
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210