ESF Professor Named to TAPPI Board of Directors
Dr. Gary Scott named to three-year board term
SYRACUSE - Dr. Gary M. Scott of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was named to the Board of Directors of the Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry (TAPPI).
Scott has worked in the paper industry for more than 25 years and is currently professor and chair of the Department of Paper and Bioprocess Engineering at ESF. Prior to coming to ESF in 1998, he taught at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. He received his bachelor's of science degree from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and his master's and Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Scott will serve a three-year term on the TAPPI board of directors.
ESF is the only college in the United States devoted solely to the study of the environment. Since it was established in 1911, the college has developed innovative programs in a broad range of academic areas related to biology, chemistry, engineering, management, design and planning.
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, and converting industries.
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ĎAmazing Experienceí with Animals Leads to Career Goal
- On the Menu: Woodcock and Ďa Ton of Venisoní
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellorís Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210