ESF Professor Named to TAPPI Board of Directors
Dr. Gary Scott named to three-year board term
SYRACUSE - Dr. Gary M. Scott of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was named to the Board of Directors of the Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry (TAPPI).
Scott has worked in the paper industry for more than 25 years and is currently professor and chair of the Department of Paper and Bioprocess Engineering at ESF. Prior to coming to ESF in 1998, he taught at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. He received his bachelor's of science degree from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and his master's and Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Scott will serve a three-year term on the TAPPI board of directors.
ESF is the only college in the United States devoted solely to the study of the environment. Since it was established in 1911, the college has developed innovative programs in a broad range of academic areas related to biology, chemistry, engineering, management, design and planning.
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, and converting industries.
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
- ERE Major Tackles Wastewater Plan in Iceland
- 44 ESF Students Spend Summer as DEC Interns
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210