ESF Supports Syracuse's 2009 Heart Walk
Become a team captain; register today
The Syracuse 2009 Heart Walk is slated for Saturday, April 18. The event celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.
The Heart Walk is a wonderful opportunity for those in our community who have been touched by heart disease to work together to raise money to fight this illness and to honor the lives that have been lost to it.
SUNY-ESF has approximately five teams registered for the Walk so far and we are aiming to sign up at least 10 teams. Won't you consider starting a team? It is a great way to get involved with the extended campus community as we help a great cause.
Our goal is for ESF to raise $10,000. All we need is 10 teams of 10 members each. If every participant raises $100, we will reach our goal. Your team can consist of faculty, staff or students here at ESF,but it can also include your friends, family, neighbors, classmates, etc. You can register your team at www.syracuseheartwalk.org.
Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women and men in the United States. Stroke is the No. 3 killer and a leading cause of permanent disability. These, and other cardiovascular diseases, claim more than 930,000 lives a year in our country.
Please help us make a difference.
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
- Research Team Probes Health Effects of Onondaga Lakebed Sediment
- ESF among the Best, Princeton Review Says
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210