Thursday, June 20, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF Faculty, Students Participate in Ecological Economics Summit
- Economic Development Project Focuses on ESF Willow Project
- ESF Partners in $15M NYSUNY 2020 Challenge Grant
- ESF Receives Prestigious Climate Leadership Award
- ESF, Upstate Receive Technology Accelerator Award
- ESF College Foundation Honors Miller for Teaching Achievement
- Fabius-Pompey HEROS Science Club Partners with ESF
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
ESF Supports Syracuse's 2009 Heart Walk
Become a team captain; register today
The Syracuse 2009 Heart Walk is slated for Saturday, April 18. The event celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.
The Heart Walk is a wonderful opportunity for those in our community who have been touched by heart disease to work together to raise money to fight this illness and to honor the lives that have been lost to it.
SUNY-ESF has approximately five teams registered for the Walk so far and we are aiming to sign up at least 10 teams. Won't you consider starting a team? It is a great way to get involved with the extended campus community as we help a great cause.
Our goal is for ESF to raise $10,000. All we need is 10 teams of 10 members each. If every participant raises $100, we will reach our goal. Your team can consist of faculty, staff or students here at ESF, but it can also include your friends, family, neighbors, classmates, etc. You can register your team at www.syracuseheartwalk.org.
Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women and men in the United States. Stroke is the No. 3 killer and a leading cause of permanent disability. These, and other cardiovascular diseases, claim more than 930,000 lives a year in our country.
Please help us make a difference.