ESF Supports Syracuse's 2009 Heart Walk
Become a team captain; register today
The Syracuse 2009 Heart Walk is slated for Saturday, April 18. The event celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.
The Heart Walk is a wonderful opportunity for those in our community who have been touched by heart disease to work together to raise money to fight this illness and to honor the lives that have been lost to it.
SUNY-ESF has approximately five teams registered for the Walk so far and we are aiming to sign up at least 10 teams. Won't you consider starting a team? It is a great way to get involved with the extended campus community as we help a great cause.
Our goal is for ESF to raise $10,000. All we need is 10 teams of 10 members each. If every participant raises $100, we will reach our goal. Your team can consist of faculty, staff or students here at ESF,but it can also include your friends, family, neighbors, classmates, etc. You can register your team at www.syracuseheartwalk.org.
Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women and men in the United States. Stroke is the No. 3 killer and a leading cause of permanent disability. These, and other cardiovascular diseases, claim more than 930,000 lives a year in our country.
Please help us make a difference.
- Farther from the Forest: ‘Eye-opening’ Study Shows Rural U.S. Loses Forests Faster than Cities
- ESF Professor Awarded Research Grant
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210