ESF Hosts MDA Announcement of Grants for Growth Winners
Senator John A. DeFrancisco secures seventh round of funding for university-industry partnerships
The Metropolitan Development Association (MDA) announced January 30, 2009 the seventh round of Grants for Growth (GFG) awards made in support of five new university-industry collaborations. The announcement made on the SUNY ESF campus stressed that these projects have the potential to create new, high-value jobs and nearly $14 million in new revenue for the Central Upstate region. GFG is made possible through the support of New York State Senator John A. DeFrancisco, who has secured $2 million in funding for the program. Winners this year included GeneWeave Biosciences, Magna Powertrain, Mezmeriz, Inc., Otis Technologies, Inc. and Taylor Construction. Full descriptions of these winners and their university partners can be found at the MDA website.
The participants of the event were updated on the progress of GFG success story Anteck Inc. of Syracuse - winner of a Grants for Growth Round II award. Partnering with SUNY ESF, Anteck is developing a proof-of-principle bench-scale model of a functional bio-fuel cell that can be used in the projection of large scale generators for distributed energy generation.
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
- Student from Nepal Finds Her Niche at ESF
- The Little Acorn that Could
- Maureen Mahle Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210