ESF Graduate Finishes Second in National Timbersport Competition
David Andrews was four-year member of Woodmen's Team
Recent ESF graduate David Andrews finished second in the 2012 Stihl Timbersports Collegiate Championship.
Andrews finished just two points behind the winner, Timothy Benedict, a third-time competitor from Penn State. Andrews competed in four events, placing first in the standing block event and second in the underhand. He was one of six competitors from around the country who earned a place in the national competition by placing first in a regional qualifier.
The second-place national finish capped a successful year for Andrews and the ESF Woodsmen's Team, which had won both the men's and women's championships in the final timber sports competition of the academic year, topping a large field at the annual northeastern spring meet.
Andrews, the team president who studied acquatics and fisheries science at ESF, won the northeast Stihl Timbersports Collegiate Challenge at the regional meet and qualified to compete in the national collegiate championship in June.
The national competition was in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., June 1 through 3. Coverage of the event is scheduled to be televised 7:30 p.m. July 27 on ESPNU.
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
- ‘Extinct’ Floreana Tortoise Species Could Return to Galapagos
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- LA, EFB Students Delve Into Harriet Tubman’s History
- MLA Student Receives ASLA Honors
- ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210