ESF Graduate Finishes Second in National Timbersport Competition
David Andrews was four-year member of Woodmen's Team
Recent ESF graduate David Andrews finished second in the 2012 Stihl Timbersports Collegiate Championship.
Andrews finished just two points behind the winner, Timothy Benedict, a third-time competitor from Penn State. Andrews competed in four events, placing first in the standing block event and second in the underhand. He was one of six competitors from around the country who earned a place in the national competition by placing first in a regional qualifier.
The second-place national finish capped a successful year for Andrews and the ESF Woodsmen's Team, which had won both the men's and women's championships in the final timber sports competition of the academic year, topping a large field at the annual northeastern spring meet.
Andrews, the team president who studied acquatics and fisheries science at ESF, won the northeast Stihl Timbersports Collegiate Challenge at the regional meet and qualified to compete in the national collegiate championship in June.
The national competition was in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., June 1 through 3. Coverage of the event is scheduled to be televised 7:30 p.m. July 27 on ESPNU.
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
- Student from Nepal Finds Her Niche at ESF
- The Little Acorn that Could
- Maureen Mahle Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210