ESF Graduate Finishes Second in National Timbersport Competition
David Andrews was four-year member of Woodmen's Team
Recent ESF graduate David Andrews finished second in the 2012 Stihl Timbersports Collegiate Championship.
Andrews finished just two points behind the winner, Timothy Benedict, a third-time competitor from Penn State. Andrews competed in four events, placing first in the standing block event and second in the underhand. He was one of six competitors from around the country who earned a place in the national competition by placing first in a regional qualifier.
The second-place national finish capped a successful year for Andrews and the ESF Woodsmen's Team, which had won both the men's and women's championships in the final timber sports competition of the academic year, topping a large field at the annual northeastern spring meet.
Andrews, the team president who studied acquatics and fisheries science at ESF, won the northeast Stihl Timbersports Collegiate Challenge at the regional meet and qualified to compete in the national collegiate championship in June.
The national competition was in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., June 1 through 3. Coverage of the event is scheduled to be televised 7:30 p.m. July 27 on ESPNU.
- ESF President Joins U.S. Leaders : 'We Are Still In’ on Paris Agreement
- Mighty Oaks Welcome a New Coach
- SUNY Ranks among Top 100 Worldwide for Patents Granted in 2016
- Philosopher’s Camp Returns to Newcomb Campus
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210