ESF Graduate Finishes Second in National Timbersport Competition
David Andrews was four-year member of Woodmen's Team
Recent ESF graduate David Andrews finished second in the 2012 Stihl Timbersports Collegiate Championship.
Andrews finished just two points behind the winner, Timothy Benedict, a third-time competitor from Penn State. Andrews competed in four events, placing first in the standing block event and second in the underhand. He was one of six competitors from around the country who earned a place in the national competition by placing first in a regional qualifier.
The second-place national finish capped a successful year for Andrews and the ESF Woodsmen's Team, which had won both the men's and women's championships in the final timber sports competition of the academic year, topping a large field at the annual northeastern spring meet.
Andrews, the team president who studied acquatics and fisheries science at ESF, won the northeast Stihl Timbersports Collegiate Challenge at the regional meet and qualified to compete in the national collegiate championship in June.
The national competition was in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., June 1 through 3. Coverage of the event is scheduled to be televised 7:30 p.m. July 27 on ESPNU.
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210