ESF's Dr. Maureen Fellows Honored for Environmental Action
Award given for environmental vision and action
SYRACUSE - Dr. Maureen O'Neill Fellows of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry was honored for her leadership in protecting the environment by the Syracuse Commission for Women (SCW).
Fellows, director of governmental relations and institutional planning at ESF, was among six adults and four high school students honored for their environmental vision and action during the SCW's annual Women's History Month luncheon.
The SCW recognizes women, youth and community groups in Central New York for their unique examples and contributions to creating an "eco" friendly environment.
In 2006, Mayor Matthew J. Driscoll re-formed the Syracuse Commission for Women. Its purpose is to realize the rights of women of all ages to equal opportunity and participation in the affairs of the community; to ensure women of all ages freedom from discrimination based on gender and to ensure that they have the benefits of equal opportunity and are able to fully utilize their talents to promote their educational, health, economic and social well-being.
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210