ESF's Dr. Maureen Fellows Honored for Environmental Action
Award given for environmental vision and action
SYRACUSE - Dr. Maureen O'Neill Fellows of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry was honored for her leadership in protecting the environment by the Syracuse Commission for Women (SCW).
Fellows, director of governmental relations and institutional planning at ESF, was among six adults and four high school students honored for their environmental vision and action during the SCW's annual Women's History Month luncheon.
The SCW recognizes women, youth and community groups in Central New York for their unique examples and contributions to creating an "eco" friendly environment.
In 2006, Mayor Matthew J. Driscoll re-formed the Syracuse Commission for Women. Its purpose is to realize the rights of women of all ages to equal opportunity and participation in the affairs of the community; to ensure women of all ages freedom from discrimination based on gender and to ensure that they have the benefits of equal opportunity and are able to fully utilize their talents to promote their educational, health, economic and social well-being.
More ESF News
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210