ESF's Dr. Maureen Fellows Honored for Environmental Action
Award given for environmental vision and action
SYRACUSE - Dr. Maureen O'Neill Fellows of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry was honored for her leadership in protecting the environment by the Syracuse Commission for Women (SCW).
Fellows, director of governmental relations and institutional planning at ESF, was among six adults and four high school students honored for their environmental vision and action during the SCW's annual Women's History Month luncheon.
The SCW recognizes women, youth and community groups in Central New York for their unique examples and contributions to creating an "eco" friendly environment.
In 2006, Mayor Matthew J. Driscoll re-formed the Syracuse Commission for Women. Its purpose is to realize the rights of women of all ages to equal opportunity and participation in the affairs of the community; to ensure women of all ages freedom from discrimination based on gender and to ensure that they have the benefits of equal opportunity and are able to fully utilize their talents to promote their educational, health, economic and social well-being.
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
- ERE Major Tackles Wastewater Plan in Iceland
- 44 ESF Students Spend Summer as DEC Interns
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210