ESF's Dr. Maureen Fellows Honored for Environmental Action
Award given for environmental vision and action
SYRACUSE - Dr. Maureen O'Neill Fellows of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry was honored for her leadership in protecting the environment by the Syracuse Commission for Women (SCW).
Fellows, director of governmental relations and institutional planning at ESF, was among six adults and four high school students honored for their environmental vision and action during the SCW's annual Women's History Month luncheon.
The SCW recognizes women, youth and community groups in Central New York for their unique examples and contributions to creating an "eco" friendly environment.
In 2006, Mayor Matthew J. Driscoll re-formed the Syracuse Commission for Women. Its purpose is to realize the rights of women of all ages to equal opportunity and participation in the affairs of the community; to ensure women of all ages freedom from discrimination based on gender and to ensure that they have the benefits of equal opportunity and are able to fully utilize their talents to promote their educational, health, economic and social well-being.
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
- Student from Nepal Finds Her Niche at ESF
- The Little Acorn that Could
- Maureen Mahle Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210