Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Start Season with Victories
Men and women win scrimmages against Jefferson
The ESF Mighty Oaks soccer teams got off to a great start this season with both teams winning scrimmages against the Jefferson Community College (JCC) Cannoneers.
Playing at Onondaga Community College Saturday, Aug. 25, the Mighty Oaks women won the opener against JCC 4-1.
Senior Mary Clark started the scoring with an early goal. Solid midfield created an opportunity for USCAA All-American sophomore Bridget Cuddihy, who scored to put the Mighty Oaks up 2-0. The Cannoneers responded with a late first-half goal. The Mighty Oaks came out strong in the second half, outshooting JCC 13-2, and netting a goal by junoir Jessica Savo and another by Cuddihy. Savo and freshman Jessica Straub both contributed assists adn freshman goalkeeper Nicole Madden had six saves.
The Mighty Oaks men played later in the afternoon, defeating the JCC team by a score of 2-0. Leading the ESF offense were sophomores Dillon Buchberg, who scored the first goal three mnutes intothe game, and Kyle Bardwell, who scored 10 minutes later on a fast break. Junior Ross Volpe had an assist. The Mighty Oaks goalkeeper, sophomore Michael Walczyk, had three saves. The Might Oaks outshot the Cannoneers 24 to 4.
The ESF soccer teams will play Aug. 31 at Onondaga Community College. The men will kick off at 5 p.m.; the women will play at 7 p.m. The teams will play for the "King and Queen of the the Hill Cups" in match play established in 2011 for the annual match between ESF and Onondaga.
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- Oakie Acorn Receives Mascot Madness Trophy
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210