Mighty Oaks Golfers Start Season with Success
Weather shortens match
The ESF golf team kicked off its season with a one-two finish Sept. 8 at its home course, the Links at Erie Village.
The team from Cazenovia College finished third.
Medalist honors went to junior Steve Johansson, who scored a 42, the low score among the 10 ESF golfers who competed.
Weather played a part in the tournament, shortening the event to just 9 holes because of heavy wind and showers, and thunderstorm warnings.
The team continues its season Thursday, Sept. 13, at the Keuka invitational at Lakeside Country Club.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210