Mighty Oaks Golfers Start Season with Success
Weather shortens match
The ESF golf team kicked off its season with a one-two finish Sept. 8 at its home course, the Links at Erie Village.
The team from Cazenovia College finished third.
Medalist honors went to junior Steve Johansson, who scored a 42, the low score among the 10 ESF golfers who competed.
Weather played a part in the tournament, shortening the event to just 9 holes because of heavy wind and showers, and thunderstorm warnings.
The team continues its season Thursday, Sept. 13, at the Keuka invitational at Lakeside Country Club.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
- ERE Major Tackles Wastewater Plan in Iceland
- 44 ESF Students Spend Summer as DEC Interns
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210