Mighty Oaks Golfers Start Season with Success
Weather shortens match
The ESF golf team kicked off its season with a one-two finish Sept. 8 at its home course, the Links at Erie Village.
The team from Cazenovia College finished third.
Medalist honors went to junior Steve Johansson, who scored a 42, the low score among the 10 ESF golfers who competed.
Weather played a part in the tournament, shortening the event to just 9 holes because of heavy wind and showers, and thunderstorm warnings.
The team continues its season Thursday, Sept. 13, at the Keuka invitational at Lakeside Country Club.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
- Blackstone LaunchPad Hosts Syracuse Qualifier for Hult Prize
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210