ESF Golf Team Wins Friday and Saturday
DiRado shoots ESF record 73
The ESF golf team began two days of play by traveling to Cazenovia Country Club Sept. 21, where the Mighty Oaks won by one stroke against Canton with a 337 total.
Cazenovia College was third.
For the third straight tournament, ESF was faced with challenging greens, making the players' approach shots all the more important. A few players found themselves on the wrong part of the green on both the fourth and ninth holes, which led quickly to a big score after a four putt.
Sophomore Ryan DiRado shot the low score for ESF with a 73, tying the all-time low score shot by an ESF player. DiRado is carving his way into the ESF record books this season and is on track to break the season scoring record as well.
The team looked to continue its positive momentum the next day as all three teams met again Sept. 22 at Green Lakes Golf Course, where once again the Mighty Oaks edged out a win to make it two in a row. The players ran into some inclement weather for the second time this season. The match was called at nine holes as the course was rendered unplayable by the amount of rain that fell in a short period of time.
DiRado and senior Matt Herbert, both with a 39, shared the low score for ESF.
The golfers get some much-needed rest this week as they prepare for a two-day event with Roberts Wesleyan the weekend of Sept. 29 and 30.
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ‘Amazing Experience’ with Animals Leads to Career Goal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210