ESF Golf Team Wins Friday and Saturday
DiRado shoots ESF record 73
The ESF golf team began two days of play by traveling to Cazenovia Country Club Sept. 21, where the Mighty Oaks won by one stroke against Canton with a 337 total.
Cazenovia College was third.
For the third straight tournament, ESF was faced with challenging greens, making the players' approach shots all the more important. A few players found themselves on the wrong part of the green on both the fourth and ninth holes, which led quickly to a big score after a four putt.
Sophomore Ryan DiRado shot the low score for ESF with a 73, tying the all-time low score shot by an ESF player. DiRado is carving his way into the ESF record books this season and is on track to break the season scoring record as well.
The team looked to continue its positive momentum the next day as all three teams met again Sept. 22 at Green Lakes Golf Course, where once again the Mighty Oaks edged out a win to make it two in a row. The players ran into some inclement weather for the second time this season. The match was called at nine holes as the course was rendered unplayable by the amount of rain that fell in a short period of time.
DiRado and senior Matt Herbert, both with a 39, shared the low score for ESF.
The golfers get some much-needed rest this week as they prepare for a two-day event with Roberts Wesleyan the weekend of Sept. 29 and 30.
More ESF News
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210