ESF Golf Team Wins Friday and Saturday
DiRado shoots ESF record 73
The ESF golf team began two days of play by traveling to Cazenovia Country Club Sept. 21, where the Mighty Oaks won by one stroke against Canton with a 337 total.
Cazenovia College was third.
For the third straight tournament, ESF was faced with challenging greens, making the players' approach shots all the more important. A few players found themselves on the wrong part of the green on both the fourth and ninth holes, which led quickly to a big score after a four putt.
Sophomore Ryan DiRado shot the low score for ESF with a 73, tying the all-time low score shot by an ESF player. DiRado is carving his way into the ESF record books this season and is on track to break the season scoring record as well.
The team looked to continue its positive momentum the next day as all three teams met again Sept. 22 at Green Lakes Golf Course, where once again the Mighty Oaks edged out a win to make it two in a row. The players ran into some inclement weather for the second time this season. The match was called at nine holes as the course was rendered unplayable by the amount of rain that fell in a short period of time.
DiRado and senior Matt Herbert, both with a 39, shared the low score for ESF.
The golfers get some much-needed rest this week as they prepare for a two-day event with Roberts Wesleyan the weekend of Sept. 29 and 30.
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210