Mens Soccer Team Defeats College of Pharmacy; Women Tie
Mighty Oaks men roll 3-0, women play double OT
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's soccer teams met the Panthers from the Albany College of Pharmacy Sept. 30 with the ESF men winning 3-0 and the women playing to a 1-1 tie in an exciting match.
The men team showed why they are a top-five team in the USCAA, winning their second consecutive match against the sixth-ranked Panthers. Goals were scored by Ryan Graig in the 10th minute, Ross Volpe in the 35th minute and Kyle Bardwell in the 50th minute. Pat Alcott and Kyle Siegal had assists. Goalkeepers Mike Walczyk and Adam Balkadi each had three saves.
"Our team's focus and preparation lead to two great results this weekend. It's great going on the road and seeing the Oaks fans come out and support our team. The team goal is still to be in North Carolina come this November for the championship. We look forward to the number one team in the nation, Fort Kent, this Friday," said freshman defender Rob Hamm.
The women's team had an exciting double overtime match against the fourth-ranked team in the nation. The Mighty Oaks' one goal was scored by Bridget Cuddihy in the 65th minute after an assist from Ashley Miller. Goalkeeper Olivia Gagliardi had nine saves and was helped by defensive play from Ashley Miller and Madison Cumminski.
"I feel like I have 18 ½ bruises and one lung but our team came to play today and showed we can be one of the top teams in the country if we put it all together," said Miller.
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210