Women's Soccer Team Tops IT 4-1
Powerful second half propels Mighty Oaks to win
The Mighty Oaks women's soccer team earned a decisive 4-1 win over SUNY-IT Oct. 4.
After being down 1-0 in the first half, the team came out with determination and scored four goals in 13 minutes in the second half. Brooke Harris scored the first goal in the 56th minute, quickly followed by Jessica Straub in the 62nd minute. Bridget Cuddihy scored the next one in the 66th minute and Greta Garvey scored the final goal in the 69th minute after an assist from Straub.
Goalkeepers Olivia Gagliardi and Nicole Madden had five and two saves respectively.
The ESF team benefitted from excellent midfield play by Jess Savo and Jessica Straub. Team captains Sue Fassler, Olivia Gagliardi, Harris, and Drew Gamils showed leadership when the team was down and kept their teammates motivated.
"We knew our season came down to how we played in the second half. Our team came out and took the game over," Harris said.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
- ‘Extinct’ Floreana Tortoise Species Could Return to Galapagos
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- LA, EFB Students Delve Into Harriet Tubman’s History
- MLA Student Receives ASLA Honors
- ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
- Forbes Ranks ESF Among Nation’s Top Colleges
- Annual Value of Trees? $500 Million Per Megacity, Study Says
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- Sierra Club Puts ESF among Nation’s Top ‘Cool Schools’
- NSF Grant Funds ESF Ecologist’s Gypsy Moth Research
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210