Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Professor Joins Expedition to Galapagos Home of Rare Tortoises
- ESF Honors Location on Haudenosaunee Territory
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn All-American Honors
- Women's Soccer Team Falls in Semifinals
- ESF Men 2nd, Women 3rd at XC Championships
Women's Soccer Team Tops IT 4-1
Powerful second half propels Mighty Oaks to win
The Mighty Oaks women's soccer team earned a decisive 4-1 win over SUNY-IT Oct. 4.
After being down 1-0 in the first half, the team came out with determination and scored four goals in 13 minutes in the second half. Brooke Harris scored the first goal in the 56th minute, quickly followed by Jessica Straub in the 62nd minute. Bridget Cuddihy scored the next one in the 66th minute and Greta Garvey scored the final goal in the 69th minute after an assist from Straub.
Goalkeepers Olivia Gagliardi and Nicole Madden had five and two saves respectively.
The ESF team benefitted from excellent midfield play by Jess Savo and Jessica Straub. Team captains Sue Fassler, Olivia Gagliardi, Harris, and Drew Gamils showed leadership when the team was down and kept their teammates motivated.
"We knew our season came down to how we played in the second half. Our team came out and took the game over," Harris said.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210