Women's Soccer Team Tops IT 4-1
Powerful second half propels Mighty Oaks to win
The Mighty Oaks women's soccer team earned a decisive 4-1 win over SUNY-IT Oct. 4.
After being down 1-0 in the first half, the team came out with determination and scored four goals in 13 minutes in the second half. Brooke Harris scored the first goal in the 56th minute, quickly followed by Jessica Straub in the 62nd minute. Bridget Cuddihy scored the next one in the 66th minute and Greta Garvey scored the final goal in the 69th minute after an assist from Straub.
Goalkeepers Olivia Gagliardi and Nicole Madden had five and two saves respectively.
The ESF team benefitted from excellent midfield play by Jess Savo and Jessica Straub. Team captains Sue Fassler, Olivia Gagliardi, Harris, and Drew Gamils showed leadership when the team was down and kept their teammates motivated.
"We knew our season came down to how we played in the second half. Our team came out and took the game over," Harris said.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210