Soccer Update: Loss for Men, Win for Women
Men face tough competition against University of Maine Fort Kent
The SUNY-ESF men's soccer team had a disappointing loss against the University of Maine Fort Kent Oct. 5.
The Mighty Oaks were down 1-0 early on a loose corner kick but came back to tie ithe score in the 24th minute with a goal from Ryan Graig. The game was tied for most of the first half but UMFK snuck a shot into the net with 40 seconds left in the first half and added two more goals in the second half to seal the 4-1 wn.
Goalkeeper Mike Walcyzk had 14 saves and was helped by excellent defensive play by senior Captain Steven Tyrrell.
UMFK is three-time USCAA National Champion and the current second-place team in the standings. The team is undefeated this season.
The Mighty Oaks women faced the Syracuse University club team Oct. 6 and pulled out a 2-1 win.
Jessica Savo scored both goals, aided by assists from Bridget Cuddihy and Brooke Harris.
Goalkeepers Olivia Gagliardi and Nicole Madden had seven and two saves respectively.
More ESF News
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210