Soccer Update: Loss for Men, Win for Women
Men face tough competition against University of Maine Fort Kent
The SUNY-ESF men's soccer team had a disappointing loss against the University of Maine Fort Kent Oct. 5.
The Mighty Oaks were down 1-0 early on a loose corner kick but came back to tie ithe score in the 24th minute with a goal from Ryan Graig. The game was tied for most of the first half but UMFK snuck a shot into the net with 40 seconds left in the first half and added two more goals in the second half to seal the 4-1 wn.
Goalkeeper Mike Walcyzk had 14 saves and was helped by excellent defensive play by senior Captain Steven Tyrrell.
UMFK is three-time USCAA National Champion and the current second-place team in the standings. The team is undefeated this season.
The Mighty Oaks women faced the Syracuse University club team Oct. 6 and pulled out a 2-1 win.
Jessica Savo scored both goals, aided by assists from Bridget Cuddihy and Brooke Harris.
Goalkeepers Olivia Gagliardi and Nicole Madden had seven and two saves respectively.
- ESF Professor’s Book Wins Harold and Margaret Sprout Award
- Oakie Advances to Round 2 in SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF-LeMoyne Class Focuses on Environmental Ethics
- ESF Joins Partners to Create Climate-Resilient Forest on Tug Hill
- ESF’s Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Role of Coyote in Northeastern Forests
- ESF Nordic Skier Competes in World University Games
- Academics, Athletics, Affordability Lure Soccer Captain to ESF
- Daily Adventures Mark Trip to South America
- Student from Italy Finds Motivation at ESF
- Diverse Backgrounds Help 2 Grads Connect with Prospective Students
- Ryan Caldwell Earns First Team All-American Honors
- Mighty American Chestnut Poised for Return to America’s Forests
- Walk on the Wild Side
- USA President Focuses on Building Relationships
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210