Soccer Update: Loss for Men, Win for Women
Men face tough competition against University of Maine Fort Kent
The SUNY-ESF men's soccer team had a disappointing loss against the University of Maine Fort Kent Oct. 5.
The Mighty Oaks were down 1-0 early on a loose corner kick but came back to tie ithe score in the 24th minute with a goal from Ryan Graig. The game was tied for most of the first half but UMFK snuck a shot into the net with 40 seconds left in the first half and added two more goals in the second half to seal the 4-1 wn.
Goalkeeper Mike Walcyzk had 14 saves and was helped by excellent defensive play by senior Captain Steven Tyrrell.
UMFK is three-time USCAA National Champion and the current second-place team in the standings. The team is undefeated this season.
The Mighty Oaks women faced the Syracuse University club team Oct. 6 and pulled out a 2-1 win.
Jessica Savo scored both goals, aided by assists from Bridget Cuddihy and Brooke Harris.
Goalkeepers Olivia Gagliardi and Nicole Madden had seven and two saves respectively.
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210