Sunday, May 19, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
- Dr. Thomas Amidon Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
- Three ESF Employees Honored with Chancellorís Awards
- Rosen Fellowships Allow Students to Pursue Exciting Projects
- ESF Professor Earns Highest Faculty Honor
Mighty Oaks Men Shut Out CIA, 7-0
Soccer team rebounds after loss to defending champion
The SUNY-ESF men's soccer team scored seven goals and shut out the team from the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) Oct. 7.
It was a big win for the Mighty Oaks, who bounced back to just two days after losing to the defending USCAA champion, the University of Maine at Fort Kent.
The first goal gainst CIA came in the fifth minute by Kyle Siegal on assist by Patrick "Hank" Alcott. Alcott had another assist to Ross Volpe in the eighth minute. Volpe scored his second goal in the 12th minute with an assist from Siegal. Kyle Bardwell scored the final goal of the first half in the 30th minute with an assist from Dillon Buchberg.
The second half saw another goal from Siegal in the 50th minute, assisted by Ryan Graig. Siegal then assisted Dan McGraw's goal in the 62nd minute. Adrian Wiegman scored the final goal in the 80th minute with an assist from Ben Bednarski.
Goalkeepers Mike Walzcyk and Adam Belkadi each had three saves.
"We hammered down on awe-fense and shut them down on defense. Man, it was a great team effort," Alcott said.