Mighty Oaks Men Shut Out CIA, 7-0
Soccer team rebounds after loss to defending champion
The SUNY-ESF men's soccer team scored seven goals and shut out the team from the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) Oct. 7.
It was a big win for the Mighty Oaks, who bounced back to just two days after losing to the defending USCAA champion, the University of Maine at Fort Kent.
The first goal gainst CIA came in the fifth minute by Kyle Siegal on assist by Patrick "Hank" Alcott. Alcott had another assist to Ross Volpe in the eighth minute. Volpe scored his second goal in the 12th minute with an assist from Siegal. Kyle Bardwell scored the final goal of the first half in the 30th minute with an assist from Dillon Buchberg.
The second half saw another goal from Siegal in the 50th minute, assisted by Ryan Graig. Siegal then assisted Dan McGraw's goal in the 62nd minute. Adrian Wiegman scored the final goal in the 80th minute with an assist from Ben Bednarski.
Goalkeepers Mike Walzcyk and Adam Belkadi each had three saves.
"We hammered down on awe-fense and shut them down on defense. Man, it was a great team effort," Alcott said.
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210