Mighty Oaks Men Shut Out CIA, 7-0
Soccer team rebounds after loss to defending champion
The SUNY-ESF men's soccer team scored seven goals and shut out the team from the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) Oct. 7.
It was a big win for the Mighty Oaks, who bounced back to just two days after losing to the defending USCAA champion, the University of Maine at Fort Kent.
The first goal gainst CIA came in the fifth minute by Kyle Siegal on assist by Patrick "Hank" Alcott. Alcott had another assist to Ross Volpe in the eighth minute. Volpe scored his second goal in the 12th minute with an assist from Siegal. Kyle Bardwell scored the final goal of the first half in the 30th minute with an assist from Dillon Buchberg.
The second half saw another goal from Siegal in the 50th minute, assisted by Ryan Graig. Siegal then assisted Dan McGraw's goal in the 62nd minute. Adrian Wiegman scored the final goal in the 80th minute with an assist from Ben Bednarski.
Goalkeepers Mike Walzcyk and Adam Belkadi each had three saves.
"We hammered down on awe-fense and shut them down on defense. Man, it was a great team effort," Alcott said.
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210