Students Munch Their Way through Tradition
Monthly events offer a fortifying start to the day
About 100 students visited the Morning Munch in Alumni (Nifkin) Lounge for a quick bite to eat Oct. 10, participating in a tasty, long-standing ESF tradition.
Morning Munches are hosted by the Undergraduate Student Association (USA) and provide free tea, coffee, bagels, donuts and fruit to students. Bridgette Moneymaker, a junior environmental science major, and Chris Steczywilk, a junior paper engineering major, are this year's programming co-chairs for USA and are in charge of organizing and setting up the Morning Munches.
"Munches are a great treat for everyone because we all work so hard and get to enjoy a free breakfast while socializing with our peers," Moneymaker said.
The monthly events typically attract a crowd. One attendee this month was Jessica Bartik, a senior natural history and interpretation major. "I look forward to going to Munches. It is a nice start to your morning and I appreciate that it is organized for us," she said.
USA also hosts Friday events called TGs (short for TGIF) and ice cream socials; both events are held on a regular basis throughout the semester.
The next Morning Munch will be Wednesday, Nov. 14.
- By Brianna Reed ES '13
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210