Students Munch Their Way through Tradition
Monthly events offer a fortifying start to the day
About 100 students visited the Morning Munch in Alumni (Nifkin) Lounge for a quick bite to eat Oct. 10, participating in a tasty, long-standing ESF tradition.
Morning Munches are hosted by the Undergraduate Student Association (USA) and provide free tea, coffee, bagels, donuts and fruit to students. Bridgette Moneymaker, a junior environmental science major, and Chris Steczywilk, a junior paper engineering major, are this year's programming co-chairs for USA and are in charge of organizing and setting up the Morning Munches.
"Munches are a great treat for everyone because we all work so hard and get to enjoy a free breakfast while socializing with our peers," Moneymaker said.
The monthly events typically attract a crowd. One attendee this month was Jessica Bartik, a senior natural history and interpretation major. "I look forward to going to Munches. It is a nice start to your morning and I appreciate that it is organized for us," she said.
USA also hosts Friday events called TGs (short for TGIF) and ice cream socials; both events are held on a regular basis throughout the semester.
The next Morning Munch will be Wednesday, Nov. 14.
- By Brianna Reed ES '13
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210