Students Munch Their Way through Tradition
Monthly events offer a fortifying start to the day
About 100 students visited the Morning Munch in Alumni (Nifkin) Lounge for a quick bite to eat Oct. 10, participating in a tasty, long-standing ESF tradition.
Morning Munches are hosted by the Undergraduate Student Association (USA) and provide free tea, coffee, bagels, donuts and fruit to students. Bridgette Moneymaker, a junior environmental science major, and Chris Steczywilk, a junior paper engineering major, are this year's programming co-chairs for USA and are in charge of organizing and setting up the Morning Munches.
"Munches are a great treat for everyone because we all work so hard and get to enjoy a free breakfast while socializing with our peers," Moneymaker said.
The monthly events typically attract a crowd. One attendee this month was Jessica Bartik, a senior natural history and interpretation major. "I look forward to going to Munches. It is a nice start to your morning and I appreciate that it is organized for us," she said.
USA also hosts Friday events called TGs (short for TGIF) and ice cream socials; both events are held on a regular basis throughout the semester.
The next Morning Munch will be Wednesday, Nov. 14.
- By Brianna Reed ES '13
Recent ESF News
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210