Students Munch Their Way through Tradition
Monthly events offer a fortifying start to the day
About 100 students visited the Morning Munch in Alumni (Nifkin) Lounge for a quick bite to eat Oct. 10, participating in a tasty, long-standing ESF tradition.
Morning Munches are hosted by the Undergraduate Student Association (USA) and provide free tea, coffee, bagels, donuts and fruit to students. Bridgette Moneymaker, a junior environmental science major, and Chris Steczywilk, a junior paper engineering major, are this year's programming co-chairs for USA and are in charge of organizing and setting up the Morning Munches.
"Munches are a great treat for everyone because we all work so hard and get to enjoy a free breakfast while socializing with our peers," Moneymaker said.
The monthly events typically attract a crowd. One attendee this month was Jessica Bartik, a senior natural history and interpretation major. "I look forward to going to Munches. It is a nice start to your morning and I appreciate that it is organized for us," she said.
USA also hosts Friday events called TGs (short for TGIF) and ice cream socials; both events are held on a regular basis throughout the semester.
The next Morning Munch will be Wednesday, Nov. 14.
- By Brianna Reed ES '13
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210