Woodsmen Win Men’s, Women’s Divisions at Paul Smith’s Meet
Men top 11 other teams
ESF Woodsmen's teams won both the men's and women's divisions in the Fall Festival Woodsmen's Competition Oct. 14 at Paul Smith's College.
ESF's men's team No. 1 outscored 11 other teams, winning the fire build, crosscut saw, pulp toss and horizontal chop events. The team scored high enough in the other eight events to seal the victory
ESF's men's team No. 2 finished sixth for the day and the team from the ESF Ranger School finished eighth.
Also competing in the men's division were three teams from Paul Smith's, one from Alfred State, two from SUNY Cobleskill and three from Finger Lakes Community College.
In the women's division, ESF team No. 1 won the triathlon and fire build events and finished high in several others. The second women's team finished fifth.
Also competing in the women's division were a team from Paul Smith's and two from Cobleskill.
In the first meet of the year Oct. 6 at Finger Lakes Community College, the ESF men's teams finished second and eighth in a nine-team field. The co-ed "Jack-and-Jill" teams finished first and second among eight competitors and the women's team finished first out of three.
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
- Blackstone LaunchPad Hosts Syracuse Qualifier for Hult Prize
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210