Woodsmen Win Menís, Womenís Divisions at Paul Smithís Meet
Men top 11 other teams
ESF Woodsmen's teams won both the men's and women's divisions in the Fall Festival Woodsmen's Competition Oct. 14 at Paul Smith's College.
ESF's men's team No. 1 outscored 11 other teams, winning the fire build, crosscut saw, pulp toss and horizontal chop events. The team scored high enough in the other eight events to seal the victory
ESF's men's team No. 2 finished sixth for the day and the team from the ESF Ranger School finished eighth.
Also competing in the men's division were three teams from Paul Smith's, one from Alfred State, two from SUNY Cobleskill and three from Finger Lakes Community College.
In the women's division, ESF team No. 1 won the triathlon and fire build events and finished high in several others. The second women's team finished fifth.
Also competing in the women's division were a team from Paul Smith's and two from Cobleskill.
In the first meet of the year Oct. 6 at Finger Lakes Community College, the ESF men's teams finished second and eighth in a nine-team field. The co-ed "Jack-and-Jill" teams finished first and second among eight competitors and the women's team finished first out of three.
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210