Woodsmen Win Men’s, Women’s Divisions at Paul Smith’s Meet
Men top 11 other teams
ESF Woodsmen's teams won both the men's and women's divisions in the Fall Festival Woodsmen's Competition Oct. 14 at Paul Smith's College.
ESF's men's team No. 1 outscored 11 other teams, winning the fire build, crosscut saw, pulp toss and horizontal chop events. The team scored high enough in the other eight events to seal the victory
ESF's men's team No. 2 finished sixth for the day and the team from the ESF Ranger School finished eighth.
Also competing in the men's division were three teams from Paul Smith's, one from Alfred State, two from SUNY Cobleskill and three from Finger Lakes Community College.
In the women's division, ESF team No. 1 won the triathlon and fire build events and finished high in several others. The second women's team finished fifth.
Also competing in the women's division were a team from Paul Smith's and two from Cobleskill.
In the first meet of the year Oct. 6 at Finger Lakes Community College, the ESF men's teams finished second and eighth in a nine-team field. The co-ed "Jack-and-Jill" teams finished first and second among eight competitors and the women's team finished first out of three.
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
- ERE Major Tackles Wastewater Plan in Iceland
- 44 ESF Students Spend Summer as DEC Interns
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210