Woodsmen Win Men’s, Women’s Divisions at Paul Smith’s Meet
Men top 11 other teams
ESF Woodsmen's teams won both the men's and women's divisions in the Fall Festival Woodsmen's Competition Oct. 14 at Paul Smith's College.
ESF's men's team No. 1 outscored 11 other teams, winning the fire build, crosscut saw, pulp toss and horizontal chop events. The team scored high enough in the other eight events to seal the victory
ESF's men's team No. 2 finished sixth for the day and the team from the ESF Ranger School finished eighth.
Also competing in the men's division were three teams from Paul Smith's, one from Alfred State, two from SUNY Cobleskill and three from Finger Lakes Community College.
In the women's division, ESF team No. 1 won the triathlon and fire build events and finished high in several others. The second women's team finished fifth.
Also competing in the women's division were a team from Paul Smith's and two from Cobleskill.
In the first meet of the year Oct. 6 at Finger Lakes Community College, the ESF men's teams finished second and eighth in a nine-team field. The co-ed "Jack-and-Jill" teams finished first and second among eight competitors and the women's team finished first out of three.
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
- ‘Extinct’ Floreana Tortoise Species Could Return to Galapagos
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- LA, EFB Students Delve Into Harriet Tubman’s History
- MLA Student Receives ASLA Honors
- ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210