Woodsmen Win Men’s, Women’s Divisions at Paul Smith’s Meet
Men top 11 other teams
ESF Woodsmen's teams won both the men's and women's divisions in the Fall Festival Woodsmen's Competition Oct. 14 at Paul Smith's College.
ESF's men's team No. 1 outscored 11 other teams, winning the fire build, crosscut saw, pulp toss and horizontal chop events. The team scored high enough in the other eight events to seal the victory
ESF's men's team No. 2 finished sixth for the day and the team from the ESF Ranger School finished eighth.
Also competing in the men's division were three teams from Paul Smith's, one from Alfred State, two from SUNY Cobleskill and three from Finger Lakes Community College.
In the women's division, ESF team No. 1 won the triathlon and fire build events and finished high in several others. The second women's team finished fifth.
Also competing in the women's division were a team from Paul Smith's and two from Cobleskill.
In the first meet of the year Oct. 6 at Finger Lakes Community College, the ESF men's teams finished second and eighth in a nine-team field. The co-ed "Jack-and-Jill" teams finished first and second among eight competitors and the women's team finished first out of three.
- ESF President Joins U.S. Leaders : 'We Are Still In’ on Paris Agreement
- Mighty Oaks Welcome a New Coach
- SUNY Ranks among Top 100 Worldwide for Patents Granted in 2016
- Philosopher’s Camp Returns to Newcomb Campus
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210