Bread, Beer on Menu for Adirondack Program
Adirondack Interpretive Center Sets Presentation on Traditional Foods
Adirondack Museum Curator Hallie Bond will present a program on the history of food in the Adirondacks, particularly the connection between bread and beer, from 3 to 5 p.m. Nov. 10 at the Adirondack Interpretive Center (AIC) in Newcomb.
The program, called "Traditions in Bread and Beer: Lives of Adirondackers Before Modernization," will involve discussion and displays; participants will be able to sample both ingredients and final products.
Bond is co-writing a book about traditional food of the Adirondacks and has discovered connections between bread and beer; the two were complementary tasks for early Adirondackers. Her presentation will address how they were made before World War II and how transportation networks, particularly railroads, were established.
Bond has been curator at the Adirondack Museum since 1987. She has curated a number of popular exhibits including "Common Threads: 150 Years of Adirondack Quilts and Comforters," "A Paradise for Boys and Girls: Children's Camps in the Adirondacks," and "Boats and Boating in the Adirondacks." She has written extensively about regional history and material culture.
The AIC is a branch of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry's Northern Forest Institute.
Those wishing more information should contact the AIC at 518-582-2200 ext. 11 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More ESF News
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210