Mighty Oaks Basketball Faces Challenging Stretch
Team falls to Medaille, Morrisville
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team has hit a rough patch in its schedule as it faced two of last season's NCAA Division III tournament teams.
On Nov. 17, the Mighty Oaks fell to the Medaille College Mavericks 98-36. Poor shooting from the field (22 percent) and costly turnovers (27) against the 2011-12 Allegheny Mountain Conference champions doomed the Mighty Oaks.
On Nov. 29, the Mighty Oaks traveled to Morrisville State College and suffered a similar defeat at the hands of the Mustangs by a score of 93-34. The defending NEAC Conference champions from a year ago held the Oaks to 21 percent shooting.
The Mighty Oaks look to recover from the challenging stretch in the schedule as they face the Elmira College Soaring Eagle JVs Dec. 8. This will be the Mighty Oaks' last game before the semester break. Tip at Elmira is 1 p.m.
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210