Mighty Oaks Basketball Faces Challenging Stretch
Team falls to Medaille, Morrisville
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team has hit a rough patch in its schedule as it faced two of last season's NCAA Division III tournament teams.
On Nov. 17, the Mighty Oaks fell to the Medaille College Mavericks 98-36. Poor shooting from the field (22 percent) and costly turnovers (27) against the 2011-12 Allegheny Mountain Conference champions doomed the Mighty Oaks.
On Nov. 29, the Mighty Oaks traveled to Morrisville State College and suffered a similar defeat at the hands of the Mustangs by a score of 93-34. The defending NEAC Conference champions from a year ago held the Oaks to 21 percent shooting.
The Mighty Oaks look to recover from the challenging stretch in the schedule as they face the Elmira College Soaring Eagle JVs Dec. 8. This will be the Mighty Oaks' last game before the semester break. Tip at Elmira is 1 p.m.
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
- Research Team Probes Health Effects of Onondaga Lakebed Sediment
- ESF among the Best, Princeton Review Says
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210