Mighty Oaks Basketball Faces Challenging Stretch
Team falls to Medaille, Morrisville
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team has hit a rough patch in its schedule as it faced two of last season's NCAA Division III tournament teams.
On Nov. 17, the Mighty Oaks fell to the Medaille College Mavericks 98-36. Poor shooting from the field (22 percent) and costly turnovers (27) against the 2011-12 Allegheny Mountain Conference champions doomed the Mighty Oaks.
On Nov. 29, the Mighty Oaks traveled to Morrisville State College and suffered a similar defeat at the hands of the Mustangs by a score of 93-34. The defending NEAC Conference champions from a year ago held the Oaks to 21 percent shooting.
The Mighty Oaks look to recover from the challenging stretch in the schedule as they face the Elmira College Soaring Eagle JVs Dec. 8. This will be the Mighty Oaks' last game before the semester break. Tip at Elmira is 1 p.m.
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
- Blackstone LaunchPad Hosts Syracuse Qualifier for Hult Prize
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210