Friday, September 19, 2014
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Governor Announces $20M Grant to ESF, Partners
- Forbes Ranks ESF 20th Nationwide for Best Value Colleges
- Bioblitz: Initial Findings List More Than 400 Species
- Quentin Wheeler Installed as ESF’s Fourth President
- ESF Earth Lecture Series Kicks Off for Second Year
Mighty Oaks Basketball Faces Challenging Stretch
Team falls to Medaille, Morrisville
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team has hit a rough patch in its schedule as it faced two of last season's NCAA Division III tournament teams.
On Nov. 17, the Mighty Oaks fell to the Medaille College Mavericks 98-36. Poor shooting from the field (22 percent) and costly turnovers (27) against the 2011-12 Allegheny Mountain Conference champions doomed the Mighty Oaks.
On Nov. 29, the Mighty Oaks traveled to Morrisville State College and suffered a similar defeat at the hands of the Mustangs by a score of 93-34. The defending NEAC Conference champions from a year ago held the Oaks to 21 percent shooting.
The Mighty Oaks look to recover from the challenging stretch in the schedule as they face the Elmira College Soaring Eagle JVs Dec. 8. This will be the Mighty Oaks' last game before the semester break. Tip at Elmira is 1 p.m.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210