Mighty Oaks Basketball Faces Challenging Stretch
Team falls to Medaille, Morrisville
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team has hit a rough patch in its schedule as it faced two of last season's NCAA Division III tournament teams.
On Nov. 17, the Mighty Oaks fell to the Medaille College Mavericks 98-36. Poor shooting from the field (22 percent) and costly turnovers (27) against the 2011-12 Allegheny Mountain Conference champions doomed the Mighty Oaks.
On Nov. 29, the Mighty Oaks traveled to Morrisville State College and suffered a similar defeat at the hands of the Mustangs by a score of 93-34. The defending NEAC Conference champions from a year ago held the Oaks to 21 percent shooting.
The Mighty Oaks look to recover from the challenging stretch in the schedule as they face the Elmira College Soaring Eagle JVs Dec. 8. This will be the Mighty Oaks' last game before the semester break. Tip at Elmira is 1 p.m.
- ESF Professor’s Book Wins Harold and Margaret Sprout Award
- Oakie Advances to Round 2 in SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF-LeMoyne Class Focuses on Environmental Ethics
- ESF Joins Partners to Create Climate-Resilient Forest on Tug Hill
- ESF’s Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Role of Coyote in Northeastern Forests
- ESF Nordic Skier Competes in World University Games
- Academics, Athletics, Affordability Lure Soccer Captain to ESF
- Daily Adventures Mark Trip to South America
- Student from Italy Finds Motivation at ESF
- Diverse Backgrounds Help 2 Grads Connect with Prospective Students
- Ryan Caldwell Earns First Team All-American Honors
- Mighty American Chestnut Poised for Return to America’s Forests
- Walk on the Wild Side
- USA President Focuses on Building Relationships
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210