First 2009 University Community Harvest Farmers Market
Series of markets will continue in September and October
SYRACUSE - The third annual University Community Harvest Farmers Market series will kick off on Friday, June 12.
The first market of the 2009 season will run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., during Syracuse Universit'ys Strawberry Festival, in the Q3 parking lot adjacent to the Quad. Free parking will be available in the Booth Garage, the University Avenue Garage and West Campus lots.
Presented by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) and Syracuse University, and open to the public, this year's markets will feature a variety of locally grown fruits, vegetables and plants; snacks; condiments; ceramics; and other handmade items. There will also be educational literature on healthy eating, sustainable practices and organic farming.
The market season will continue in the fall semester, with markets planned for five consecutive Fridays: Sept. 11, 18 and 25, and Oct. 2 and 9. The fall markets will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Waverly parking lot, at the corner of South Crouse and Waverly avenues.
The University Community Harvest Farmers Markets began as a pilot project in 2007. Last year, some 36 vendors participated during each of the four markets.
For more information, call 443-3608.
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Oakie to Receive Mascot Madness Trophy
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210